Whyte T-129 S '16
|Matt Apple/Denim||Medium||Our Price £1,699.00 RRP £2,199.00||In Stock|| |
Whyte T-129 S
The Whyte T-129 S is a slightly detuned version of the T-129 RS, described by Bike Radar as 'One of the best bikes anyone has ever built.’The Whyte T-129 S is legendary for offering the the balance, grip, control and bump absorption of a 150mm-travel 26 inch-wheel full suspension bike in a simpler 120mm-travel format, whilst introducing a new level of speed potential via its 29 inch wheels.
- The short rear end helps keep the rear suspension fully active when required, firm when not, whilst enabling a roomy cockpit without over-stretching the wheelbase, so it doesn't lose Whyte's trademark nimble steering qualities.
- Curving the seat tube forward enables Whyte's geometry trickery plus it helps Whyte achieve their UK-proof aim of offering more tyre/mud clearance .
- Improved trail geometry for 2016 (67 degree head tube / 74 degree seat tube angle in medium).
- The 50mm stem and the 760mm wide bars add to the Whyte T-129's fast-but-controlled steering vibe.
- The SRAM GX Matchmaker 2x10 shifters have no problem moving the chain between the SRAM trail ratio 36/22 chainrings and up and down the 11-36 cassette.
- The RockShox fork with 15mm Maxle is a Revelation with matching RockShox Monarch shock at the back.
- On the off-chance you ever want to slow up, SRAM DB5s are among the best hydraulic disc brakes made.
- The RockShox Reverb Stealth (which allows you to adjust your saddle height via its handlebar mounted remote control) is generally reckoned as the best dropper seatpost on the market.
- Whyte Intergrip Internal Seatpost Clamp - with their best MTBs such as their T-129 range coming with dropper seatposts, Whyte have designed a neat, weatherproof, internal clamping system, which replaces the standard QR or Allen key seat clamp with a single bolt, which keeps the seatpost securely in place.
'The entry point to the T-129 range features a Rockshox Reverb Stealth seatpost and Whyte’s integrated “Intergrip” seat post system. This neat solution gives the T-129S a clean look and fantastic weather proofing.
The Geometry of the T-129S is further improved over the 2015 award winning Works SCR bike and these angles (67 degree head tube / 74 degree seat tube angle in medium) are the very latest in progressive trail geometry from Whyte.
Our Quad 4 suspension layout allows us to apply our contemporary 29er geometry to the 120mm suspension trail bike category. Short chainstays give this bike the agility of a 27.5” wheel bike but with the inertia and terrain flattening advantages of a larger 29er wheel.'
|Frame||6061 T6 Aluminium Front Triangle with intergrated seat clamp and alloy rear Triangle|
|Fork||RockShox Reverlation RL 29”, RL, 120mm Travel, Tapered steerer and 15mm Maxle Lite|
|Rear Shock||RockShox Monarch Debonair, Adjustable Rebound and Compression|
|Headset||FSA No. 57E Orbit ZS|
|Rear Hub||Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearing Hub Boost 12mm X 148mm through axle|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearing Hub Hub 15mm X 100mm|
|Spokes||WTB 2.0mm, Black Sandvik Stainless Steel Spokes|
|Rims||WTB Asym i23 29” Rims with TCS System, Tubeless Ready|
|Front Tyre||WTB Trail Boss, TCS Light Fast Rolling, 29” X 2.25”|
|Rear Tyre||WTB Nineline, TCS Light Fast Rolling, 29” X 2.0”|
|Shift Levers||SRAM GX MMX Matchmaker, 10 Speed|
|Front Derailleur||SRAM GX, High Direct Mount, 10 Speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM GX, Type 2, 10 speed|
|Cassette||SRAM PG-1030 11-36, 10 Speed|
|Chain||SRAM PC-1031, 10 Speed|
|Crankset||SRAM GX S1000 GXP, 22/36, Compact Double, 10 Speed|
|Seatpost||RockShox Reverb 125mm Stealth, MMX Matchmaker, 30.9 X 380mm|
|Saddle||Whyte Custom dual density, triple panel design|
|Bar||Whyte Custom Alloy, 15mm Rise, 760mm Wide|
|Stem||Whyte Gravity Stem, 40mm S, 50mm M/L/XL|
|Front Brakes||SRAMDB5, 180mm Rotor, Internal Routing|
|Rear Brakes||SRAM DB5, 160mm Rotor, Internal Routing|
|Brake Levers||SRAM DB5 MMX Matchmaker|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|