Whyte G-160 RS 2017
- An even more enduro race-worthy Whyte G-160 RS
- Whyte 160mm-travel all-mountain bike
- SRAM Eagle X01-equipped Whyte G-160
|Matt Granite/Ornge/Grey||Large||£3,200.00||In Stock|
|Matt Granite/Ornge/Grey||Medium||£3,200.00||In Stock|
|Matt Granite/Ornge/Grey||Small||£3,200.00||To be Ordered|
Whyte G-160 RS '17
The Whyte G-160 RS is like the G-160 S enduro race-ready dual suspension mountain bike upgraded with SRAM Eagle X01 - the most ambitious one-by MTB gear system SRAM (or anyone else) has devised to date.
- The latest SRAM Eagle X01 drivetrain introduces us to 1x12 gear shifting via a 10-50 cassette, making this the widest range one-by transmission to date. The resulting 500% difference between top and bottom gear (compared with SRAM's previous best 420% 10-42 cassette) helps give you the wings to soar up high.
- WTB Maxxis High Roller II TR / Minion SS 27.5 x 2.4/2.3 inch folding tyres with EXO Sidewall protection on WTB TCS (tubeless compatible system) 29mm-wide rims make it very viable to upgrade to riding tubeless.
- SCR is Whyte's Single Chain Ring specific dual suspension frame. Its SCS Symmetrical Chain Stays and its wider main pivot create an even stronger and more reliably flex-resistant rig.
- SCR translates to you, the rider, as improved cornering confidence and enhanced suspension performance.
- SRAM Guide R 4-pot 180mm rotor brakes calipers deliver reach-adjustable one-finger control and feature SRAM's stainless steel Heat Shield between the pad and caliper body
- The RockShox Reverb Stealth Dropper seat makes it so easy to raise or lower the saddle as the terrain dictates.
Add all the other features that make a Whyte mountain bike special, from its signature long, stable geometry to its Quad Link suspension with lifetime guaranteed pivot bearings - see our Why we’re in love with Whyte mountain bikes blog- the Whyte G-160 RS truly rocks.
'The G-160 RS features SRAM’s all new Eagle 12 speed drive-train. With its huge 10-50 gear range, it gives the rider all the climbing and trail riding gears needed to save enough energy for more fun on the way back down.
The RS is loaded with the very latest developments in Trail/Endure bikes, WTB i29mm rims combined with Maxxis TR front and rear specific tyres help to give neutral handling without too much drag.
RockShox suspension gives the rider the very best enduro package available.
This bike is ready for anything you want to throw at it, from hard-core trail riding to Endure racing. Full complement bearings are used throughout the design, giving this bike exceptional durability in the harshest UK conditions.'
|Whyte G160 RS|
|Frame||6061 T6 SCR Aluminium Front Triangle with Tapered Head Tube and Intergrip integrated seat clamp, ISCG 5 guide mounts, alloy symmetrical SCR rear Triangle, 148mm Boost Dropouts|
|Fork||RockShox Lyrik RC, 27.5”, 160mm Travel, Fast Black coating, tapered steerer and 110mm x 15mm Boost Maxle|
|Rear Shock||RockShox Monarch Debonair, RT3, Fast Black coating, Adjustable Rebound and Compression|
|Headset||FSA No. 57E Orbit ZS, 1.5” Cartridge Sealed Lower Bearing and 1 1/8” Cartridge Upper Bearing|
|Rear Hub||Whyte Cartridge sealed bearing, 12mm x 148mm Boost Through Axle with Micro Engagement 6 Pawl XD Driver Free Hub, 32 Hole|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearing Hub 15mm x 110mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole|
|Spokes||WTB 2.0mm, Black Sandvik Stainless Steel Spokes|
|Rims||WTB Asym i29 Rims with TCS (tubeless compatible system), Sleeve Joint, Tubeless Ready|
|Front Tyre||Maxxis High Roller II TR, 27.5” X 2.4” 60TPI 3C(Maxx Terra) Folding Bead, EXO Sidewall protection|
|Rear Tyre||Maxxis Minion SS, 27.5” X 2.3” 60TPI Dual TLR, Folding Bead, EXO Sidewall protection|
|Shift Lever||SRAM X01 Eagle, MMX Clamp, 12 Speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM X01, 12 Speed|
|Cassette||SRAM XG-1295 10-50, 12 Speed|
|Chain||SRAM XX1, 12 Speed|
|Crankset||SRAM Descendant Eagle GXP, XSYNC Direct Mount 32T chainring, 1x12. Carbon|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM GXP Team 73mm|
|Seatpost||RockShox Reverb 125mm/150/ 170mm travel (depending on frame size) 30.9 MMX|
|Saddle||Whyte Custom dual density, triple panel design|
|Bar||Whyte Custom Alloy, 35mm bore, 15mm Rise, 780mm Wide|
|Stem||Whyte Gravity Stem, 40mm|
|Front Brakes||SRAM Guide R, 4 Pots, 180mm Rotor, Internal Routing|
|Rear Brakes||SRAM Guide R, 4 Pots, 180mm Rotor, Internal Routing|
|Brake Levers||SRAM Guide R, MMX Matchmaker|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|