Whyte Coniston Women's 2017
- Our most popular women's e-bike, ever
- Whyte electric bike
- STEPS-equipped bike fit for all terrain
|Matt Granite/Grey/Magenta||Large||£2,150.00||To be Ordered|
|Matt Granite/Grey/Magenta||Medium||£2,150.00||In Stock|
|Matt Granite/Grey/Magenta||Small||£2,150.00||In Stock|
Whyte Coniston Women's '17
The Whyte Coniston with STEPS power-assist technology has been our best selling women's commuter e-bike since its launch in spring 2016.
Shimano STEPS power-assist technology married to Whyte's bike building expertise has ushered in a new era of smoother running, more reliable electric bikes. See our 30-plus reasons to love STEPS Shimano Total Electric Power System blog.
Whyte electric bikes
- Significantly, Whyte had been considering launching an electric bike for a number of years, but decided to hold off till e-bike technology came of age.
- The launch of STEPS was the cue for Whyte to create this, their first e-bike in 2016.
- Combining STEPS with Whyte's UK-proof bicycle design ethos has enabled this Cotswolds-based company to create the smoothest-riding and most reliable e-commuter bikes we've ever had the pleasure to offer.
- The Coniston looks and rides like the Caledonian- Whyte's tried-and-tested, dirt road capable, All Terrain commuter bike with suspension forks.
- Then it's turbocharged with around £1,500-worth of STEPS e-bike technology to make the bike feel blissfully like you're always riding with a tailwind.
- To find out how great it is to ride a bike that makes cycling uphill and into headwinds near effortless, read our Simon's blogon owning a Coniston.
The benefits of a Shimano Deore 1x10 drivetrain
- Thanks to its 11-36 tooth 10-speed cassette, you get a really useful range of gears in a simplified format comprising a single shifter, a single gear mech and a single chainring.
- Doing away with the front derailleur, the LH shifter and one or two chainrings means less weight, less complication and less to go wrong.
- The beginner will be spared learning about what they have to push or pull on each lever to get into a lower or higher gear.
- With a single lever, gear shifting becomes immediately more straightforward.
- Even massively experienced cyclists appreciate this simplicity.
- No more 'double shifting' to get in the right gear.
- The Shimano Deore Shadow Plus rear derailleur features a chain stabilising switch and a single tension spring to help prevent chain-slap and dropped chains when riding rough terrain.
More good things about the Whyte Coniston
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes are a by-word for reliable performance. Why you want a bike with quality hydraulic disc brakes.
- The gear cables are enclosed to cope with varied climes - a fine example of Whyte's 'UK-proof' design ethos.
- Vittoria Randonneur Trail 700 x 35c tyres with Double Shielding puncture protection zip along the tarmac yet offer superior grip when you take an off-road detour.
Partially dropped top tube
With the Women's Coniston, instead of producing a standard open frame or a modern women's-specific diamond frame, White have designed a partially dropped top tube. This way you get a stiffer more-efficient hence easier-to-ride bike than one with a traditional 'ladies' frame. Unlike many ladies' frames there's still enough space to fit a bottle and cage. Simultaneously, the White Coniston Women's has more stopover clearance than a diamond-framed women's bike.
Whyte Custom-drawn Tubing
We believe that Whyte are the only company in the bicycle industry who build every hydroformed aluminium frame with custom drawn tubing. This means that Whyte go to the expense of spec'ing a different tube set for each frame size. Custom tubing is Whyte's guarantee that their frames will be as light as possible in every size.
Whyte are famed for getting their frame geometry just right, to ensure you feel confident and centered on the bike. So it goes with the Whyte Coniston. Its road bike-like seat tube angle (73-74 degrees) positions you over the cranks for maximum pedalling efficiency. Its comparatively shallow 69.5-70 degree head tube angle makes the bike reassuringly stable, especially on dowhills. The happy result is a bicycle that rides like its a natural extension of your limbs.
'Whyte Coniston Women's
Not everyone has the lungs and legs of our Whyte race team, but our range of electrically assisted bikes mean you can still enjoy the freedom of unrestricted riding and our unique design qualities.
Our Coniston e-Bike was hugely popular last year so we’ve expanded the range to offer its advantages to even more riders with the addition of our urbanised Clifton and Highgate models. The latest Shimano STEPS motor and battery technology gives fully tunable, instinctively interactive power assist with an effortless exploring range of up to 125km. Our signature confident handling character and powerful disc brakes on all bikes mean their easy speed is always under control on a twisty downhill, picture postcard towpath trail or cross city commute.
Because we know these are bikes for a whole new lease of life, our distinctively British Whyte styling and practicality completes the perfect way to recharge and reignite your love of riding.'
Edinburgh Bicycle support
Whyte Buy your UK-designed Whyte mountain bike, road bike or commuter/hybrid from Edinburgh Bike Co-op instore. Interest free credit terms available.
See all Women’s Bikes from Whyte
See all products from Whyte
See all Women’s Bikes
|Whyte Coniston Women's|
|Frame||6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Tapered Head Tube, Custom Drawn, Multi Butted with Custom Whyte Dropouts and Kick Stand mount|
|Fork||SR Suntour NCX-D LO, 63mm travel, Alloy Tapered Steerer tube, Coil Spring and Hydro Lockout|
|Headset||FSA No. 57B Orbit ZS, Sealed Cartridge Bearing 1.5" Lower, 1 1.8" Caged Upper Bearings|
|Rear Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 32 Hole|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 32 Hole|
|Spokes||2.0mm, Black Sandvik Stainless Steel with Brass Nipples|
|Rims||WTB SX-17 700c, 32 Hole, with eyelets|
|Tyres||Vittoria Randonneur Trail 700 x 35c, with Double Shielding puncture protection|
|Shift Levers||Shimano SL-M610 Deore, 10 Speed With STEP`s SC-E6010 Display|
|Rear Mech||Shimano SLX M675, 10 Speed|
|Cassette||Shimano Deore HG-62, 11-34, 10 Speed|
|Chain||Shimano STEP's E6090, e-Bike Specific, 10 Speed|
|Crankset||Shimano STEP's E-6000, 44T with Double Sided chain guard, 10 Speed|
|Bottom Bracket||STEP's Drive Unit E-6000 with Speed Sensor and Magnet|
|Seatpost||Whyte 20mm Offset, 30.9mm x 400mm, 6061 Alloy, 2 bolt clamp|
|Saddle||Whyte Custom, triple panel design|
|Handlebar||Whyte High Rise 30mm, 31.8mm, 620mm Wide|
|Stem||Whyte Custom, 70mm S, 80mm M, 90mm L|
|Grips||Whyte Custom Ergo Dual Density Lock-on|
|Front Brakes||Shimano M447, 160mm Rotor|
|Rear Brakes||Shimano M447, 160mm Rotor|
|Brake Levers||Shimano M445|
|Pedals||Fibre Reinforced Composite Platform|
|Manufacturer's Published Weight|
20kg (weighed without pedals, reflectors and bell).
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|