Whyte 909 2017
- Whyte's best hardtail
- Enduro race capable Fox-equipped Whyte 909
- Shimano XT M8000 trail hardtail
|Matt Granite/Grey/Gold||Extra Large||£2,150.00||In Stock|
|Matt Granite/Grey/Gold||Large||£2,150.00||In Stock|
|Matt Granite/Grey/Gold||Medium||£2,150.00||In Stock|
|Matt Granite/Grey/Gold||Small||£2,150.00||To be Ordered|
Fox Float Performance 34 forks and Shimano's M8000 XT groupset takes the Whyte 909 hardtail trail MTB to an enduro-racing level of performance, previously reserved for full suspension MTBs.
Upgrades from Whyte 905
- The latest Fox Float Performance 34 fork Grip Damper offers consistent 3-position (open, medium or firm) damping and is upgraded with a stiffer Boost 15x110mm through axle.
- 'M8000 is by far the best XT group Shimano has ever offered.' Bicycling magazine.
- The Shimano XT M8000 1x11 transmission now offers an even mightier gear range in a simple single chainring, single shifter, single mech format via its 11-46 cassette.
- The RaceFace Turbine Cinch's narrow/wide chainring teeth do a sterling job of meshing perfectly with the chain for optimal power transfer matched with chain suck-prevention security.
- The XT M8000 brakes have a growing reputation for being the best hydraulic discs for the money when it comes to matching performance with reliability.
- The Shimano M8000 XT brake levers' slimmer master cylinder helps free up bar space.
- Appropriately for a best-of-British bike the Whyte T-130 RS even boasts that peerless UK piece of engineering - a super-reliable Hope Pro 4 rear hub with stainless steel bearings. See review.
- The KS CRUXi Dropper Seatpost with Southpaw alloy remote is more sophisticated.
Same as Whyte 905
- With its lighter weight custom tubing, its hydroformed alloy frame optimised for UK riding conditions and its progressive geometry (66.5˚ seat/74˚ head tube angle) to keep the rider centered and in control, the Whyte 909 boasts the key features we love about Whyte mountain bikes - see blog.
- The new-for-2017 Whyte 900-Series frame is built for the bike's one-by transmission, so it features Boost dropouts to take the longer, stronger 12x148mm axle appropriate for a rear hub with an 11 speed cassette.
- This frame design maximises the strength and integrity of the rear wheel by positioning the Boost hub flanges more outboard, thus reducing stress on the spokes.
- The WTB TCS (tubeless compatible system) 29mm-wide rims and 27.5x2.4” TCS folding tyres make it very viable to upgrade to tubeless.
'Our top-end trail hardtail is dripping with lust-worthy components such as Shimano’s XT M8000 1 by 1 1groupset and brakes, RaceFace’s Turbine Clinch direct mount chainset system with a 30mm alloy Boost axle and screw in BSA BB cups.
For 2017 the 909 gets full-on Enduro/Trail attitude with the all new Fox 34 fork, with its GRIP damper, which gives amazing steering precision and poise when combined with Whyte’s trail geometry.
The 909 has an all new frame for 2017 with “Intergrip” seat post clamp system, new BBX internal cable routing and
12mm bolt through 148mm Boost rear axle, giving extra stiffness and increased chain clearance.'
|Frame||6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Custom Drawn and Multi Butted,|
Tapered Headtube, Intergrip integrated seat clamp system with Internal
BBX Cable routing for Dropper Post and 148x12mm Boost
|Fork||Fox Float Performance 34, 27.5”, 130mm Travel with GRIP 3-Pos Damper, Tapered steerer, Black Coating and 110mm x 15mm Boost E-Thru Axle|
|Headset||FSA No. 57E Orbit ZS, Stainless Steel Cartridge Sealed Bearings|
|Rear Hub||Hope PRO4 with StSt Bearings, 148x12mm Boost Through Axle, 11 Speed Shimano Freehub, 32 Hole|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearing Hub, 110x15mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole|
|Spokes||WTB 2.0mm, Black Sandvik Stainless with Brass Nipples|
|Rims||WTB STs i29, 29mm wide, Sleeve Joint, TCS Rims|
|Front Tyre||WTB Trail Boss, Light High Grip TCS 27.5” X 2.4”, 60TPI Folding Front,|
|Rear Tyre||WTB Riddler Fast Light Rolling TCS 27.5” X 2.4” TCS, 60TPI Folding Rear|
|Shift Levers||Shimano XT M8000 I-spec II, 1x11 Speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XT M8000, 11 Speed, Shadow Plus|
|Cassette||Shimano XT M8000, 11-46, 11 Speed|
|Chain||Shimano HG-601, 11 Speed|
|Crankset||RaceFace Turbine Clinch, direct mount 32T chainring 1x11 Speed with 30mm alloy Boost axle|
|Bottom Bracket||RaceFace BSA|
|Seatpost||KS CRUXi Dropper Post with Southpaw alloy remote, 30.9mm X 425mm, 125mm travel|
|Saddle||Whyte Custom, Triple Panel Design|
|Bar||Whyte Custom 6061 Alloy, Low Rise, 760mm Wide|
|Stem||Whyte Gravity Stem, 40mm S/M, 50mm L/XL|
|Grips||Whyte Custom Lock-on|
|Front Brakes||Shimano XT M8000, 180mm Rotor|
|Rear Brakes||Shimano XT M8000, 160mm Rotor|
|Brake Levers||Shimano XT M8000, I-Spec II|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|