Whyte 905 RS '16
|Matt Orange/Black/Denim||Extra Large||Phone 0131 331 5010 for exclusive in-store offers||In Stock|| |
Whyte 905 RS
Not content with creating the standard 905 (which Dirt magazine hailed as 'the best trail hardtail bar none') Whyte have introduced an alternative RS version featuring a SRAM 1x11 groupset and the new RockShox Yari fork.
Differences from standard Whyte 905
- The 130mm-travel RockShox Yari fork has 35mm stanchions and it takes the new-standard Boost 15x110mm axle to give the Whyte 905 RS even more capable on more technical terrain.
- Otherwise, the Yari shares the RockShox Revelation's trademark damping.
- The SRAM Matchmaker groupset partners the SRAM GX 1-11 transmission with SRAM DB5 hydraulic disc brakes with 180/160mm rotors.
The benefits of a SRAM 1x11 drivetrain
- Thanks to its 10-42 tooth 11-speed cassette, you get a massive gear range (over 400% difference between top and bottom gear) in a simplified format comprising a single shifter, a single gear mech and a single chainring.
- Doing away with the front derailleur, the LH shifter and one or two chainrings means less weight, less complication and less to go wrong.
- The 1 x 11 transmission delivers benefits any cyclist can appreciate.
- The beginner will be spared learning about what they have to push or pull on each lever to get into a lower or higher gear.
- With a single lever, gear shifting becomes immediately more straightforward.
- Even massively experienced racing mountain bikers appreciate this simplicity in the heat of competition.
- No more 'double shifting' to get in the right gear.
- The German-engineered SRAM X-Sync chainring is at the heart of 1x11 technology.
- This chainring features alternating thick/thin teeth which mesh more accurately with the corresponding wide space between the chain's outer links and the narrower space between the chain's inner links.
- The X-Sync chainring's tall square-edged teeth mesh so accurately with the chain, this design has virtually eliminated the possibility of a dropped chain.
- The SRAM GX rear derailleur's roller bearing clutch keeps the chain in constant tension to delivers maximum drivetrain stability and incredibly positive shifting, while virtually eliminating derailleur bounce and chain slap.
- This derailleur's X-Horizon ‘straight parallelogram’ design limits movement to the horizontal axis to ensure fast accurate shifting, while the mech's large upper pulley's offset design helps eliminate ghost shifting by maintaining a constant gap between the chain and the jockey wheel in every gear.
- The derailleur's 'Cage Lock Technology' facilitates easier wheel fitting/removal.
Same as standard Whyte 905
Aluminium Custom Tubing
The premium grade 6061 aluminium Whyte use has been specially developed to allow for hydro-forming (where hot oil is pumped through the tube at pressure to fine-tune its profile).
Every tube is custom drawn to Whyte's own specifications to ensure it's as thin walled as can be without compromising strength - a formula that helps make Whyte bikes among the lightest in every class.
Whyte hydro-formed aluminium frame designs concentrate on creating the most efficient shapes for the chassis, whilst retaining an elegant overall design profile. Take the seatstays and chainstays. As well as being internally butted to reduce weight, the stays are shaped to enhance comfort and maximise tyre and mud clearance.
When we talk about a bicycle’s geometry, we’re talking about the angles and measurements that determine where the rider is positioned between the wheels, and how the bike connects with the ground. More than the components or the frame material, a bike’s geometry defines the way it rides. It's the key factor that sets Whyte apart from the competition.
Whyte have developed their progressive geometry over 15 years. Their frames combine a relaxed head angle with a longer than average front centre to create a bike that is stable at speed and feels predictable, especially when the terrain gets steeper. To sharpen up the steering response, Whyte spec wide handlebars on short stems. At the back of the bike, the chainstays are as short as possible to maximise the bike’s agility. Combining all these factors make for a bicycle that inspires confidence whether you're a pro level rider or an absolute beginner.
Whyte Intergrip Internal Seatpost Clamp
With their best MTBs coming with dropper seatposts, Whyte have designed a neat, weatherproof, internal clamping system, which replaces the standard QR or Allen key seat clamp with a single bolt, which keeps the seatpost securely in place.
'Whyte 905 RS
'In addition to the Award winning 905, Whyte have added this mid-season addition to the Trail Hardtail line. The bike utilises SRAM's GX groupset, Bringing the trickle technology of 1 by 11 to a new affordable price-point. Couple this with the new Rockshox Yari 35mm Stanchioned fork, a KS dropper post and TCS tubeless tyres and rims and you have one mighty package!
RockShox Yari RC fork / Internally routed KS CRUXi Dropper Post / Whyte custom 760mm bar and short gravity stem/ WTB front and rear specific TCS tyres and rims.'
|Frame||6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Custom Drawn and Multi Butted. Tapered Headtube, Intergrip integrated seat clamp system with Internal Cable routing for Dropper Post|
|Fork||RockShox Yari 27.5" 110mm Boost, RL, 130mm Travel, Fast Black coating, Tapered steerer and 15mm Maxle|
|Headset||FSA No. 57E Orbit ZS, Stainless Steel Cartridge Sealed Bearings. 1.5" Lower, 1 1.8" Upper Bearings.|
|Rear Hub||Alloy, Double Sealed, Cartridge Bearing, 32 Hole|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Double Sealed, Cartridge Bearing Hub, 15mm X 110mm, 32 Hole|
|Spokes||DT Champion 2.0mm Black Stainless with Brass Nipples|
|Rims||WTB Asym i23 TCS 27.5” Tubeless ready rims, 32 Hole|
|Front Tyre||WTB Trail Boss, 27.5” X 2.25”|
|Rear Tyre||WTB Trail Boss, 27.5” X 2.25”|
|Shift Levers||SRAM GX MMX Matchmaker, 11 Speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM GX, 11 Speed|
|Cassette||SRAM PG-1150 10-42, 11 Speed|
|Chain||SRAM PC-1130, 11 Speed|
|Crankset||SRAM GX S1000 GXP, 30T, 11 Speed|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM GXP, 73mm|
|Seatpost||KS CRUXi Dropper Post with KG remote, 30.9mm X 425mm, 100mm travel|
|Saddle||Whyte Custom, Triple Panel Design|
|Bar||Whyte Custom 6061 Alloy, Low Rise, 760mm Wide|
|Stem||Whyte Gravity Stem, 40mm S/M, 50mm L/XL|
|Grips||Whyte Custom Lock-on|
|Front Brakes||SRAM DB5, 180mm Rotor, Internal Routing|
|Rear Brakes||SRAM DB5, 160mm Rotor, Internal Routing|
|Brake Levers||SRAM DB5, MMX Matchmaker|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|