Whyte 905 2017
- Whyte 905 - 'best hardtail bar none 2015'
- Upgraded for 2017
- RockShox Yari fork, SRAM 1x11 trail hardtail
|Matt Orange/Black/Blue||Extra Large||£1,699.00||In Stock|
|Matt Orange/Black/Blue||Large||£1,699.00||In Stock|
|Matt Orange/Black/Blue||Medium||£1,699.00||In Stock|
|Matt Orange/Black/Blue||Small||£1,699.00||To be Ordered|
Whyte 905 '17
The 2017 Whyte 905 w/RockShox Yari Boost fork, dropper seatpost, 1x11 drivetrain and tubeless-ready improves on Dirt mag's 'Best hardtail bar none, 2015'
Upgrades over Whyte 901
- The 130mm-travel RockShox Yari fork's 35mm stanchions and its new-standard Boost 15x110mm axle makes it even more robust, predictable and controllable on technical terrain.
- Its dropper seatpost makes it so easy to raise or lower the saddle as the terrain dictates.
- Both wheels roll on cartridge bearing hubs.
- The High Grip WTB tyres do exactly that.
Same as Whyte 901
- With its lighter weight custom tubing, its hydroformed alloy frame optimised for UK riding conditions and its progressive geometry (66.5˚ seat/74˚ head tube angle) to keep the rider centered and in control, the Whyte 905 boasts the key features we love about Whyte mountain bikes - see blog.
- The new-for-2017 Whyte 900-Series frame is built for the bike's one-by transmission, so it features Boost dropouts to take the longer, stronger 12x148mm axle appropriate for a rear hub with an 11 speed cassette.
- This frame design maximises the strength and integrity of the rear wheel by positioning the Boost hub flanges more outboard, thus reducing stress on the spokes.
- The WTB TCS (tubeless compatible system) 29mm-wide rims and 27.5x2.4” TCS folding tyres make it very viable to upgrade to tubeless.
'The award winning 905 is back and better than ever for 2017, with a dropper post, SRAM GX 1 by 11 and WTB wide
rims with high air volume TCS tyres. All these features give the rider even more “Trail Control”.
The 905 has an all new frame for 2017 with “Intergrip” seat post clamp system, new BBX internal cable routing and 12mm bolt through Boost rear axle, giving extra stiffness and increased chain clearance.
WTB STp i29 29mm wide TCS rims combined with 2.4” high volume TCS Tubeless tyres give the 2017 905 more grip so
the rider can push the bike even harder. To give extra front end grip we have specced a High-Grip compound tyre.'
|Frame||6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Custom Drawn and Multi Butted, Tapered Headtube, Get A Grip seat clamp system with Internal BBX Cable routing for Dropper Post and 148x12mm Boost Dropouts|
|Fork||RockShox Yari 27.5”, RL, 130mm Travel, Fast Black coating, Tapered|
steerer and 110mm x 15mm Boost, Maxle
|Headset||FSA No. 57E Orbit ZS, Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 1.5” Lower, 1 1.8”|
|Rear Hub||Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearing Hub, 148x12mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Double Sealed, Cartridge Bearing Hub, 110x15mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole|
|Spokes||DT Champion 2.0mm, Black Stainless with Brass Nipples|
|Rims||WTB STp i29 TCS System, Tubeless Ready, 32 Hole|
|Front Tyre||WTB Trail Boss, Light High Grip TCS 27.5” X 2.4”, 60TPI Folding Front,|
|Rear Tyre||WTB Riddler Fast Light Rolling TCS 27.5” X 2.4” TCS, 60TPI Folding Rear|
|Shift Levers||SRAM GX, 11 Speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM GX, 11 Speed|
|Cassette||SRAM PG-1130, 10-42, 11 Speed|
|Chain||SRAM PC-1110, 11 Speed|
|Crankset||SRAM GX XSYNC direct mount 32t Boost 11-speed|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM GXP, 73mm|
|Seatpost||JD Dropper Post with under bar remote 30.9x420mm, 125mm travel|
|Saddle||Whyte Custom, Triple Panel Design|
|Bar||Whyte Custom 6061 Alloy, Low Rise, 760mm Wide|
|Stem||Whyte Gravity Stem, 40mm S/M, 50mm L/XL|
|Grips||Whyte Custom Lock-on|
|Front Brakes||SRAM Level T, 180mm Rotor|
|Rear Brakes||SRAM Level T, 160mm Rotor, Internal Routing|
|Brake Levers||SRAM Level T|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|