Whyte 901 2017
- Whyte 901 trail hardtail w/ 130mm RockShox
- 10/10: MBR (Mountain Bike Rider) magazine
- Whyte 901 with SRAM 1x11 could be your lucky numbers
|Matt Lime/Black/Denim||Extra Large||£1,199.00||In Stock|
|Matt Lime/Black/Denim||Large||£1,199.00||In Stock|
|Matt Lime/Black/Denim||Medium||£1,199.00||In Stock|
|Matt Lime/Black/Denim||Small||£1,199.00||In Stock|
Whyte 901 '17
With its SCR 1x11 Boost frame and RockShox Sektor fork, this 130mm-travel trail hardtail improves on last year's 10/10 MBR rated version.
Actually, the Whyte 901 has the distinction of being awarded a perfect 10/10 score by MBR (Mountain Bike Rider) two years running. In December 2015, that magazine concluded that 'The Whyte 901 is the most evolved hardtail money can buy'.
Then they reached the daring conclusion that the only way Whyte's rivals could begin to match the ride quality of this bike would be to copy its progressive geometry.
'If there are any bike manufacturers reading this test who want to know how to make the humble hardtail better, Whyte has already done the hard yards, so just copy.' See full review.
- With its lighter weight custom tubing, its hydroformed alloy frame optimised for UK riding conditions and its progressive geometry (66.5˚ seat/74˚ head tube angle) to keep the rider centered and in control, the 901 boasts the key features we love about Whyte mountain bikes - see blog.
- The new-for-2017 Whyte 900-Series frame is built for the bike's one-by transmission, so it features Boost dropouts to take the longer, stronger 12x148mm axle appropriate for a rear hub with an 11 speed cassette.
- This frame design maximises the strength and integrity of the rear wheel by positioning the Boost hub flanges more outboard, thus reducing stress on the spokes.
- Its all-new SRAM NX transmission has all the German-engineered features that has made SRAM 1x11 transmissions so desirable - see blog.
- SRAM Level hydraulic disc brakes make SRAM Guide DH brake technology available in a lighter weight format. Why you should consider a bike with high quality hydraulic disc brakes - the blog.
- The WTB TCS (tubeless compatible system) 29mm-wide rims and 27.5x2.4” TCS folding tyres make it very viable to upgrade to tubeless.
'With the 901, it’s all about the geometry - it will make you feel more confident in all situations than any hardtail you’ve ever ridden.
For 2017 we have an all new 1 by specific frame, with a 12mm bolt through Boost rear axle, giving extra stiffness and increased chain clearance.
The award winning 901 features the “Get A Grip” seat post clamp system. This allows quick adjustment, fantastic weather proofing and a nice ergonomic lever which is easy to operate however cold your hands might be.
Awarding a magnificent 10/10 MBR describes the 901 as “everything a great trail hardtail should be”.'
|Frame||6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Custom Drawn and Multi Butted, Tapered Headtube, Get A Grip seat clamp system with Internal BBX (bottom bracket exit) cable routing for Dropper Post and 148x12mm Boost Dropouts|
|Fork||RockShox Sektor Gold 27.5” Lock-out, 130mm Travel, Fast Black coating, Solo Air, Adjustable Compression and Rebound, Tapered Steerer, 100x15mm, Maxle|
|Headset||FSA No. 57B Orbit ZS, Sealed Cartridge Bearing 1.5” Lower, 1 1/8” Caged Upper Bearings|
|Rear Hub||Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearing Hub, 148x12mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 15mm Through Axle, 32 Hole|
|Spokes||WTB 2.0mm, Black Sandvik Stainless with Brass Nipples|
|Rims||WTB STp i29 TCS System, Tubeless Ready, 32 Hole|
|Front Tyre||WTB Trail Boss, Light High Grip TCS 27.5” X 2.4”, 60TPI Folding Front,|
|Rear Tyre||WTB Riddler Fast Light Rolling TCS 27.5” X 2.4” TCS, 60TPI Folding Rear|
|Shift Levers||SRAM NX, 11 Speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM NX, 11 Speed|
|Cassette||SRAM PG-1130, 11-42, 11 Speed|
|Chain||SRAM PC-1110, 11 Speed|
|Crankset||SRAM NX, XSYNC Direct Mount 32t, Boost 11 Speed|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM GXP, 73mm|
|Seatpost||Whyte 20mm Offset, 30.9mm x 400mm, 6061 Alloy, 2 Bolt Clamp|
|Saddle||Whyte Custom, Triple Panel Design|
|Bar||Whyte Custom 6061 Alloy, Low Rise, 760mm Wide|
|Stem||Whyte Gravity Stem, 40mm S/M, 50mm L/XL|
|Grips||Whyte Custom Lock-on|
|Front Brakes||SRAM Level, 180mm Rotor|
|Rear Brakes||SRAM Level, 160mm Rotor, Internal Routing|
|Brake Levers||SRAM Level|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|