Whyte 806 Compact 2017
- Compact frame Whyte trail MTB for shorter riders
- Best buy 1x11 trail hardtail
- with 120mm RockShox Recon forks
|Matt Granite/Blue/Grey||Extra Small||£1,075.00||In Stock|
|Matt Granite/Blue/Grey||Medium||£1,075.00||In Stock|
|Matt Granite/Blue/Grey||Small||£1,075.00||In Stock|
Whyte 806 Compact '17
The 806 is similar to the Whyte 805, but with a compact frame and different controls in the shape of a Shimano SLX 1x11 transmission and Tektro Auriga brakes.
Different from Whyte 805
- Compact frame with shorter top tube offers an easier reach to the bars for shorter women, youths and men.
- The Shimano M7000 SLX 1x11 transmission reduces and simplifies the drivetrain down to a single Rapidfire gear shifter, single chainring and single mech (compared with the 805's SRAM 2x10 gearing).
- The Shimano M7000 SLX drivetrain still offers a super-wide gear range courtesy of an 11-42 cassette and an FSA Comet 32t chainset with alternating narrow/wide mega teeth to prevent chain drop.
- Whyte 'pay' for this more expensive drivetrain by specing less expensive but still wonderful Tektro Auriga hydraulic disc brakes.
Same as Whyte 805
Slacker head angle, 120mm RockShox, BBX internal cable routing... Whyte 800-series bikes have evolved into even more trail ready MTBs for 2017, sharing many of the key features proven on Whyte's multi award-winning 4-figure 900-series bikes.
- The head tube is a slacker angled 66.5 degrees (was 68.5 degrees last year) to make the bike a more capable descender.
- The wider 720mm bars (were 700mm) and shorter 45mm and 60mm stem depending on bike size (was 70mm and 80mm) make for snappier handling.
- The more sophisticated BBX (bottom bracket exit) internal cable routing is better sealed and easier to work with when you do eventually have to change the cables.
- Fat 27.5x2.25 Maxxis folding bead tyres are a frequent first choice with experienced trail riders.
- The WTB rims are 23mm wide, asymmetric and tubeless ready.
- The RockShox Recon Silver fork delivers smooth damped suspension.
- The fork/wheel interface is beefed up with a 100x15mm Maxle.
The most important thing about Whyte mountain bikes is that they have totally nailed MTB frame geometry by combining a slack head tube angle, a long top tube, short seat stays, a low centre of gravity, a long front centre, wide handlebars and a short stem.
- The relaxed head tube angle (66.5˚ degrees on the 806) makes a Whyte hardtail more stable – especially when combined with Whyte's long front centre, which positions the front wheel further forward, so you’re far less likely to be bundled over the bars on steep downhills.
- The long front centre helps ensure the steering self corrects on tight switchbacks to keep you (literally) on track.
- The short stem compensates for the long front centre so the bike doesn't overstretch you.
- The short chainstays make for snappy, responsive steering as do the wide 720mm bars.
- The low centre of gravity 'glues' the bike to the ground as you swoop through corners.
Combining all these factors creates a bike that keeps you perfectly centered and in control - the key to maximising the bike's fun potential. For more about why we love Whyte mountain bikes, see our blog.
|Whyte 806 Compact|
|Frame||6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Multi Butted, Tapered Headtube, Internal Cable Routing with BBX, Chainstay Post Mount Dropouts and Get A Grip seat clamp system|
|Fork||RockShox Recon Silver RL, 120mm Travel, Turn Key Lockout with Adjustable Rebound, Tapered Alloy Steerer with 100mm X 15mm Maxle|
|Headset||FSA No. 57B Orbit ZS, Sealed Cartridge Bearing 1.5" Lower, 1 1.8" Caged Upper Bearings|
|Rear Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 32 Hole|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 15mm X 100mm Through Axle, 32 Hole|
|Spokes||WTB 2.0mm, Black Stainless with Brass Nipples|
|Rims||WTB Asym i23 Rims with TCS System, Tubeless Ready, 32 Hole|
|Tyres||Maxxis Ardent Folding 27.5” x 2.25” Front, Maxxis Crossmark II Folding 27.5” x 2.25” Rear|
|Shift Levers||Shimano SLX M7000, 11 Speed|
|Rear Mech||Shimano SLX RD-M7000 Shadow Plus|
|Cassette||Shimano CS-M7000, 11-42, 11 Speed|
|Chain||Shimano HG-601, 11 Speed|
|Crankset||FSA Comet, Mega EXO, direct mount 32T, 11 Speed|
|Bottom Bracket||FSA Mega EXO, BSA|
|Seatpost||Whyte 20mm Offset, 30.9mm x 350mm, 6061 Alloy, 2 Bolt Clamp|
|Saddle||Whyte Custom fit|
|Handlebar||Whyte Riser Bar 15mm rise, 31.8mm, 720mm Wide|
|Stem||Whyte Custom, 45mm|
|Grips||Whyte Custom Lock-on|
|Front Brakes||Tektro Auriga, 160mm rotor|
|Rear Brakes||Tektro Auriga, 160mm rotor, Internal Routing|
|Brake Levers||Tektro Auriga|
|Pedals||Fibre Reinforced Composite Platform|
|Manufacturer's Published Weight||12.5kg (weighed without pedals, reflectors and bell)|
|Be aware that cycling equipment specifications can change without notice so please regard our published weights as an honest but approximate guide.|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|