Whyte 805 2017
- Whyte's top of the range 800-series MTB
- Proven trail hardtail geometry
- High-end SRAM/RockShox equipped
|Lime/Black/Denim||Extra Large||£1,075.00||To be Ordered|
Whyte 805 '17
RockShox Recon forks, SRAM GX 2x10 shifting and SRAM Level brakes make the Whyte 805 hardtail mountain bike even more able on technical trails.
See also the compact frame but otherwise similar Whyte 806for shorter women , men and youths.
Upgrades from Whyte 801
- SRAM Level hydraulic disc brakes are technically similar but lighter weight than SRAM's MTB World Cup-proven DH Guide brakes.
- The SRAM GX 2x10 drivetrain with its X-HORIZON rear derailleur reduces shift force and helps eliminate ghost shifting and cage slap.
- The RockShox Recon Silver fork is more plush and smoother damped.
- The fork/wheel interface is beefed up with a 100x15mm Maxle.
- Folding beads make the Maxxis tyres lighter.
- The WTB rims are wider, asymmetric and tubeless ready.
Same as Whyte 801
Slacker head angle, 120mm RockShox, BBX internal cable routing... Whyte 800-series bikes have evolved into even more trail ready MTBs for 2017, sharing many of the key features proven on Whyte's multi award-winning 4-figure 900-series bikes.
- The head tube is a slacker angled 66.5 degrees (was 68.5 degrees last year) to make the bike a more capable descender.
- The wider 720mm bars (were 700mm) and shorter 45mm and 60mm stem depending on bike size (was 70mm and 80mm) make for snappier handling.
- The more sophisticated BBX (bottom bracket exit) internal cable routing is better sealed and easier to work with when you do eventually have to change the cables.
- Fat 27.5x2.25 Maxxis tyres are a frequent first choice with experienced trail riders.
The most important thing about Whyte mountain bikes is that they have totally nailed MTB frame geometry by combining a slack head tube angle, a long top tube, short seat stays, a low centre of gravity, a long front centre, wide handlebars and a short stem.
- The relaxed head tube angle (66.5˚ degrees on the 805) makes a Whyte hardtail more stable – especially when combined with Whyte's long front centre, which positions the front wheel further forward, so you’re far less likely to be bundled over the bars on steep downhills.
- The long front centre helps ensure the steering self corrects on tight switchbacks to keep you (literally) on track.
- The short stem compensates for the long front centre so the bike doesn't overstretch you.
- The short chainstays make for snappy, responsive steering as do the wide 720mm bars.
- The low centre of gravity 'glues' the bike to the ground as you swoop through corners.
Combining all these factors creates a bike that keeps you perfectly centered and in control - the key to maximising the bike's fun potential. For more about why we love Whyte mountain bikes, see our blog.
|Frame||6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Multi Butted, Tapered Headtube, Internal Cable Routing with BBX, Chainstay Post Mount Dropouts and Get A Grip seat clamp sytem|
|Fork||RockShox Recon Silver RL, 120mm Travel, Turn Key Lockout with Adjustable Rebound, Tapered Alloy Steerer with 100mm X 15mm Maxle|
|Headset||FSA No. 57B Orbit ZS, Sealed Cartridge Bearing 1.5" Lower, 1 1.8" Caged Upper Bearings|
|Rear Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 32 Hole|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 15mm X 100mm Through Axle, 32 Hole|
|Spokes||WTB 2.0mm, Black Stainless with Brass Nipples|
|Rims||WTB Asym i23 Rims with TCS System, Tubeless Ready, 32 Hole|
|Tyres||Maxxis Ardent Folding 27.5" x 2.25" Front, Maxxis Crossmark II Folding 27.5" x 2.25" Rear|
|Shift Levers||SRAM X-5, 10 Speed|
|Front Mech||SRAM GX, 10 Speed|
|Rear Mech||SRAM GX, Medium Cage, Type 2, 10 Speed|
|Cassette||SRAM PG-1020 11-36, 10 Speed|
|Chain||SRAM PC-1031, 10 Speed|
|Crankset||SRAM FC800, 22/36 compact double with Power Spline, 10 Speed|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM Power Spline|
|Seatpost||Whyte 20mm Offset, 30.9mm x 400mm, 6061 Alloy, 2 Bolt Clamp, Adjuster|
|Saddle||Whyte Custom, Triple Panel Design|
|Handlebar||Whyte Riser Bar 15mm rise, 31.8mm, 720mm Wide|
|Stem||Whyte Custom, 45mm S, M, 60mm L & XL|
|Grips||Whyte Custom Lock-on|
|Front Brakes||SRAM Level, 160mm Rotor|
|Rear Brakes||SRAM Level, 160mm Rotor, Internal Routing|
|Brake Levers||SRAM Level|
|Pedals||Fibre Reinforced Composite Platform|
|Manufacturer's Published Weight||12.2kg (weighed without pedals, reflectors and bell)|
|Be aware that cycling equipment specifications can change without notice so please regard our published weights as an honest but approximate guide.|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|