Whyte 802 Compact 2017
- Even more trail ready Whyte 802
- 120mm-travel Rockshox
- Slacker head angle
|Magenta/Black/Grape||Extra Small||£820.00||In Stock|
Whyte 802 Compact '17
Slacker head angle, 120mm RockShox, BBX internal cable routing...the Whyte 802 has evolved into an even more trail ready mountain bike for 2017.
These upgrades make the 802 even closer to Whyte's 4-figure multi-award winning 900-series trail MTBs.
Upgrades from last year’s model
- The head tube angle is now 66.5 degrees (was 68.5) to make the bike a more capable descender.
- The RockShox 30 Silver fork now offers 120mm travel (was 100mm)
- The Shimano Acera/Deore transmission is now 2x9 , which most mountain bikers find easier to get on with (less double shifting) than 3x9.
- The wider 720mm bars (were 700mm) and shorter 45mm and 60mm stem depending on bike size (was 70mm and 80mm) make for snappier handling.
- The more sophisticated BBX (bottom bracket exit) internal cable routing is better sealed and easier to work with when you do eventually have to change the cables.
- The fatter 27.5x2.25 Maxxis tyres are legendary with trail riders.
What makes Whyte hardtails so desirable?
Whyte bikes are conceived in the Cotswolds by real-life riders with 15-plus years expertise creating mountain bikes built for the most extreme UK conditions.
The Whyte 802 is like the Whyte 801with a shorter top tube for an easier reach to the bars. This compact geometry offers a better fit for the majority of women and a fair few shorter guys,
Most important of all, Whyte have totally nailed MTB frame geometry by combining a slack head tube angle, a long top tube, short seat stays, a low centre of gravity, a long front centre, wide handlebars and a short stem.
- The relaxed head tube angle (66.5˚ degrees on the 802) makes a Whyte hardtail more stable – especially when combined with Whyte's long front centre, which positions the front wheel further forward, so you’re far less likely to be bundled over the bars on steep downhills.
- The long front centre also means the steering self corrects on tight switchbacks to keep you (literally) on track.
- The short stem compensates for the long front centre so the bike doesn't overstretch you.
- The short chainstays make for snappy, responsive steering as do the wide bars.
- The low centre of gravity 'glues' the bike to the ground as you swoop through corners.
Combining all these factors creates a bike that keeps you perfectly centered and in control - the key to maximising the bike's fun potential. For more on why we love Whyte, see our blog.
|Frame||6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Multi Butted, Tapered Headtube, Internal Cable Routing with BBX, Chainstay Post Mount Dropouts and Get A Grip seat clamp system|
|Fork||RockShox 30 Silver, 120mm Travel, Solo Air, Adjustable Rebound, Alloy Steerer, Turn Key Lockout|
|Headset||FSA No. 57B Orbit ZS, Sealed Cartridge Bearing 1.5" Lower, 1 1.8" Caged Upper Bearings|
|Rear Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 32 Hole|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 32 Hole|
|Spokes||WTB 2.0mm, Black Stainless with Brass Nipples|
|Rims||Whyte Trail-21, sleeve joint, Offset rims, 32 Hole|
|Tyres||Maxxis Ardent Wire 27.5" x 2.25" Front, Maxxis Crossmark II Wire 27.5" x 2.25" Rear|
|Shift Levers||Shimano Acera M3000, 9 Speed|
|Front Mech||Shimano Deore M618|
|Rear Mech||Shimano Deore RD-M592 Shadow|
|Cassette||Shimano HG-200, 11-34, 9 Speed|
|Chain||Shimano HG-53, 9 Speed|
|Crankset||SR Suntour XCM, Compact Double 36-22, 9 Speed, 2pcs|
|Bottom Bracket||SR Suntour, BSA|
|Seatpost||Whyte 20mm Offset, 30.9mm x 350mm, 6061 Alloy, 2 Bolt Clamp, Adjuster|
|Handlebar||Whyte Riser Bar 15mm rise, 31.8mm, 720mm Wide|
|Stem||Whyte Custom, 45mm|
|Grips||Whyte Custom Lock-on|
|Front Brakes||Tektro Auriga, 160mm rotor|
|Rear Brakes||Tektro Auriga, 160mm rotor, Internal Routing|
|Brake Levers||Tektro Auriga|
|Pedals||Fibre Reinforced Composite Platform|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|