Whyte 629 2017
- Whyte 629 - a more affordable 1x11 XC hardtail
- Trail-ready 29er mountain bike
- SRAM Guide brake/ RockShox Recon equipped
|Matt Zinc/Orange/Black||Extra Large||£1,050.00||In Stock|
|Matt Zinc/Orange/Black||Large||£1,050.00||In Stock|
|Matt Zinc/Orange/Black||Medium||£1,050.00||In Stock|
|Matt Zinc/Orange/Black||Small||£1,050.00||In Stock|
Whyte 629 '16
The Whyte 629 makes the full-featured SRAM 1x11-equipped XC/Trail 29er more affordable. Its upgraded RockShox Recon Silver RL 120mm-travel Maxle fork and its WTB rim / Maxxis TR tyre tubeless-ready combo make this year's Whyte 629 even more trail ready.
- With its lighter weight custom tubing, its hydroformed alloy frame optimised for UK riding conditions and its progressive geometry (66.5˚ seat/74˚ head tube angle) to keep the rider centered and in control, the Whyte 629 boasts the key features we love about Whyte mountain bikes - see blog.
- Its all-new SRAM NX transmission has all the German-engineered features that has made SRAM 1x11 transmissions so desirable - see blog.
- SRAM Level hydraulic disc brakes make SRAM Guide DH brake technology available in a lighter weight format. See our hydraulic disc brake blog.
- The WTB TCS (tubeless compatible system) 29mm-wide rims and Maxxis Ardent TR 29x2.25” folding front and Maxxis Crossmark II TR 29x2.5 inch folding tyres make it very viable to upgrade to tubeless.
Our Alloy 29er hardtail frame is brand new for 2017, using the very latest Whyte geometry based around a longer top tube a short stem and wide 720mm bar.
The 2017 bikes are also built around a 120mm travel fork, which brings trail bike levels of performance.
This new frame bristles with UK design features such as the “Get A Grip” seat post clamp system. This allows quick adjustment, fantastic weather proofing and a nice ergonomic lever which is easy to operate however cold your hands might be.
The 629 gets a full trail bike upgrade for 2017 with a 1 by 11 SRAM NX drivetrain, 120mm Recon Silver fork and 23mm wide WTB TCS tyres with Maxxis TR tyres.'
|Frame||6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Multi Butted, Tapered Headtube,|
BBX (bottom bracket exit) internal cable routing, Chainstay Post Mount Dropouts. Get A Grip seat clamp system
|Fork||RockShox Recon Sliver RL 29”, Solo Air, 120mm Travel, Alloy Tapered Steerer, Lockout and rebound, 100 x 15mm Maxle|
|Headset||FSA No. 57B Orbit ZS, Sealed Cartridge Bearing 1.5” Lower, 1 1.8” Caged Upper Bearings|
|Rear Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 32 Hole|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 15 X 100mm through axle, 32 Hole|
|Spokes||WTB 2.0mm, Black Stainless with Brass Nipples|
|Rims||WTB Asym i23 29” Rims with TCS System, Tubeless Ready, 32 Hole|
|Front Tyre||Maxxis Ardent TR 60TPI, 29 x 2.25”, Folding Front|
|Rear Tyre||Maxxis Crossmark II TR 60TPI, 29 x 2.5”, Folding Rear|
|Shift Levers||SRAM NX 11 Speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM NX 11 Speed|
|Cassette||SRAM PG-1030, 11-42, 11 Speed|
|Chain||SRAM PC-1110, 11 Speed|
|Crankset||SRAM NX, XSYNC 32T, 11 Speed|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM GXP, 73mm|
|Seatpost||Whyte 20mm Offset, 30.9mm x 400mm|
|Saddle||Whyte Custom, Triple Panel Design|
|Bar||Whyte Flat 29er 6061 Bar, 31.8mm, 720mm Wide|
|Stem||Whyte Custom, -6 Degree, 45mm S and M and 60mm Large|
|Grips||Whyte Custom Lock-on|
|Front Brakes||SRAM Level, 180mm Rotor|
|Rear Brakes||SRAM Level, 160mm Rotor, Internal Routing|
|Brake Levers||SRAM Level|
|Pedals||Fibre reinforced Composite Platform|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|