Whyte 605 2017
- Top of the range Whyte 600 series MTB
- Rockshox equipped Whyte mountain bike
- Now with clean BBX cable routing
|Matt Orange/Denim/Blue||Extra Large||£670.00||On Order|
|Matt Orange/Denim/Blue||Large||£670.00||On Order|
|Matt Orange/Denim/Blue||Medium||£670.00||On Order|
|Matt Orange/Denim/Blue||Small||£670.00||To be Ordered|
Whyte 605 '17
The Whyte 605 cross country/trail UK-proof hardtail mountain bike is like the Whyte 603upgraded with a genuine RockShox suspension fork.
Upgrades from Whyte 603
- The Rockshox XC-30 is a smoother operating, better damped fork with Turnkey lockout.
- The Shimano 3x9 drivetrain is upgraded to Shimano Acera/Alivio level for even smoother shifting.
Same as Whyte 603
- Whyte progressive geometry with 68.5 degree head angle, short stem and wide bars deliver confidence-inspiring control - the key to enjoying any ride.
- Whyte 6061 hydroformed frame with custom tubing for lightest weight in its class.
- The frame is made especially clean with Whyte's new BBX (bottom bracket exit) internal cable routing, which is weather sealed, dropper-seat ready, and designed to facilitate easier cable replacement in years to come.
- Tektro Auriga brakes - given how many great bikes come with these stoppers, Aurigas are probably the best proven hydraulic disc brakes in mountain biking today. Why you want hydraulic disc brakes.
- Smooth Shimano Altus / Acera 3x9 drivetrain offers a massive range of gears to cover any ridable terrain.
- WTB 27.5x2.2 inch tyres are genuine mountain bike treads.
- The short (45 or 60mm depending on frame size) stem with 700mm wide bars and lock-on grips put you in control.
- For more about why we love Whyte mountain bikes, see our blog.
The most important thing about Whyte mountain bikes is that they have totally nailed MTB frame geometry by combining a slack head tube angle, a long top tube, short seat stays, a low centre of gravity, a long front centre, wide handlebars and a short stem.
- The relaxed head tube angle (68.5˚ degrees on the 605) makes a Whyte hardtail more stable – especially when combined with Whyte's long front centre, which positions the front wheel further forward, so you’re far less likely to be bundled over the bars on steep downhills.
- The long front centre helps ensure the steering self corrects on tight switchbacks to keep you (literally) on track.
- The short stem compensates for the long front centre so the bike doesn't overstretch you.
- The short chainstays make for snappy, responsive steering as do the wide 700mm bars.
- The low centre of gravity 'glues' the bike to the ground as you swoop through corners.
Combining all these factors creates a bike that keeps you perfectly centered and in control - the key to maximising the bike's fun potential.
'If good design doesn’t cost any more than bad design, why shouldn’t everyone get the best ride character, confidence and practical features available?
All new 600 series frames feature our award winning skill and smile multiplying Trail geometry with ultra-responsive short stem steering to master every metre of trail. Our patented Getta Grip seat clamp means you’re ready for the steepest descent in a second while carefully sculpted frame tubes turn rowdy trail noise into a big grin buzz. Full Shimano transmissions and fast rolling WTB tyres mean you can fly back up for another go or turn a quick explore into an epic adventure.
Internal BBX control routing and colour coded components give red carpet looks with back country toughness. In other words, everything you’d expect from a Whyte mountain bike at a price you wouldn’t expect.'
|Frame||6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Multi Butted, Get A Grip seat clamp system, Internal Cable routing with BBX, Post Mount Chainstay Dropouts|
|Fork||Rockshox XC-30, 100mm Travel, Alloy Steerer, Adjustable Rebound, Turnkey Lockout|
|Headset||FSA No.10, Semi integrated, Caged Bearings|
|Rear Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 32 Hole|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 32 Hole|
|Spokes||2.0mm, Black Stainless with Brass Nipples|
|Rims||WTB SX-19, 32 Hole|
|Tyres||WTB BeeLine Wire 27.5" x 2.2"|
|Shift Levers||Shimano Acera M3000, 9 Speed|
|Front Mech||Shimano Acrea M-3000, 9 Speed|
|Rear Mech||Shimano Alivio RD-M4000 Shadow, 9 Speed|
|Cassette||Shimano HG-200-9, 11-34, 9 Speed|
|Chain||KMC HG-53, 9 Speed|
|Crankset||Shimano M3000, 40-30-22, 9 Speed|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano BB-UN26 Square Taper|
|Seatpost||Whyte 20mm Offset, 30.9mm, 6061 Alloy, 2 Bolt Clamp|
|Handlebar||Whyte Riser Bar 30mm rise DB, 31.8mm, 700mm Wide|
|Stem||Whyte Custom, S, 45mm, M, L, XL 60mm|
|Grips||Whyte Custom Composite Lock-on|
|Front Brakes||Tektro Auriga, HD-M290, 160mm Rotor|
|Rear Brakes||Tektro Auriga, HD-M290, 160mm Rotor|
|Brake Levers||Tektro Auriga, HD-M290|
|Pedals||Fibre Reinforced Composite Platform|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|