Whyte 529 2017
- Whyte 29er hardtail redesigned and upgraded
- Trail tuned geometry
- BBX internal cable routing
|Lime/Black/Denim||Extra Large||£875.00||In Stock|
Whyte 529 '17
Think big. Think a Whyte 29er redesigned for 2017 with a slacker head tube angle and a 15mm through axle fork to create an even more trail-worthy MTB.
- With its lighter weight custom tubing, its hydroformed alloy frame optimised for UK riding conditions and its progressive geometry (66.5˚ seat/74˚ head tube angle) to keep you centered and in control, the Whyte 529 boasts the key features we love about Whyte mountain bikes - see blog.
- The frame is made especially clean with Whyte's new BBX (bottom bracket exit) internal cable routing, which is weather sealed, dropper-seat ready, and designed to facilitate easier cable replacement in years to come.
- Tektro Auriga - given how many great bikes come with these stoppers, Aurigas are probably the best proven hydraulic disc brakes in mountain biking today. Why you want hydraulic disc brakes.
- Slick, dependable Shimano Acera/Deore 2x9 Rapidfire gearing.
- Wide, grippy, front and rear specific Maxxis Ardent 29x2.25” and Maxxis Crossmark II 29x2.5 inch tyres.
The most important thing about Whyte mountain bikes is that they have totally nailed MTB frame geometry by combining a slack head tube angle, a long top tube, short seat stays, a low centre of gravity, a long front centre, wide handlebars and a short stem.
- The relaxed head tube angle (66.5˚ degrees on the 529) makes a Whyte hardtail more stable – especially when combined with Whyte's long front centre, which positions the front wheel further forward, so you’re far less likely to be bundled over the bars on steep downhills.
- The long front centre helps ensure the steering self corrects on tight switchbacks to keep you (literally) on track.
- The short stem compensates for the long front centre so the bike doesn't overstretch you.
- The short chainstays make for snappy, responsive steering as do the wide 720mm bars.
- The low centre of gravity 'glues' the bike to the ground as you swoop through corners.
Combining all these factors creates a bike that keeps you perfectly centered and in control - the key to maximising the bike's fun potential.
'I loved it...it’s a bike handling dream - built with the British climate in mind.'
'Whether you’re a bigger rider or just into bigger mileages and higher speeds nothing can match 29er wheels for making tough trails easy and long climbs effortless.
What makes our 529 and 629 bikes totally different is that we teamed these advantages with our award winning Trail Geometry to let you take that extra speed and efficiency onto the toughest, most technical trails. 120mm travel through-axle forks, Getta Grip clamps for instant full seat drop, chainstay mounted brakes for a smoother ride and either Shimano 2x10 or SRAM 1x11 gearing using our smooth BBX internal routing make these naturally high velocity rides massively versatile too.
So whether you’re racing, using your skills to hunt thrills or heading far into the hills there’s a very big advantage to be gained by thinking big when you think Whyte.'
|Frame||6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Multi Butted, Tapered Headtube, Internal Cable Routing with BBX, Chainstay Post Mount Dropouts and Get A Grip seat clamp system|
|Fork||SR Suntour Raidon, 120mm Travel, Alloy Tapered Steerer, Adjustable Rebound and Lockout, 100mm x 15mm through axle|
|Headset||FSA No. 57B Orbit ZS, Sealed Cartridge Bearing 1.5" Lower, 1 1.8" Caged Upper Bearings|
|Rear Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 32 Hole|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 15mm X 100mm Through Axle, 32 Hole|
|Spokes||WTB 2.0mm, Black Stainless with Brass Nipples|
|Rims||Whyte Trail-21, sleeve joint, Offset rims, 29", 32 Hole|
|Tyres||Maxxis Ardent 60TPI, 29"x 2.25", Front, Maxxis Crossmark II 60TPI, 29" x 25", Rear.|
|Shift Levers||Shimano Acera M3000, 9 Speed|
|Front Mech||Shimano Deore M618, 10 Speed|
|Rear Mech||Shimano Deore RD-M592 Shadow|
|Cassette||Shimano HG-200, 11-34, 9 Speed|
|Chain||Shimano HG-53, 9 Speed|
|Crankset||SR Suntour XCM, Compact Double 36-22, 9 Speed, 2pcs|
|Bottom Bracket||SR Suntour|
|Seatpost||Whyte 20mm Offset, 30.9mm x 400mm, 6061 Alloy, 2 Bolt Clamp|
|Saddle||Whyte Custom, Triple Panel Design|
|Handlebar||Whyte Flat 29er 6061 Bar, 31.8mm, 720mm Wide|
|Stem||Whyte Custom, -6 Degree, 45mm S and M and 60mm Large and XL|
|Grips||Whyte Custom Lock-on|
|Front Brakes||Tektro Auriga, 180mm rotor|
|Rear Brakes||Tektro Auriga, 160mm rotor, Internal Routing|
|Brake Levers||Tektro Auriga|
|Pedals||Fibre Reinforced Composite Platform|
|Manufacturer's Published Weight||13.5kg|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|