Whyte 403 2017
- Whyte 403 mountain bike for younger / shorter riders
- Trail MTB with 13 inch frame and 26 inch wheels
- Hydraulic disc brake MTB for youths
|Matt Lime/Denim/Black||13"||£625.00||In Stock|
MTB for young riders from 8-12ish. Its 13 inch frame and 26 inch wheels make the Whyte 403 perfect for shorter adults looking for a trail-ready mountain bike.
- With its hydroformed alloy frame optimised for UK riding conditions and its progressive geometry (68˚ seat/74˚ head tube angle) to keep the rider centered and in control, the Whyte 403 boasts the key features we love about Whyte mountain bikes - see blog.
- Its Shimano Altus transmission delivers a superb range of gears in a simplified 1-8 format via its 11-40 cassette, it's especially child-friendly single Shimano Revo 8-speed twist grip shifter, its single chainring (no double shifting required) and its single Shimano Altus gear mech.
- A chainstay-mounted chain tensioner and the narrow/wide chainring help eliminate any risk of unshipping the chain.
- Stopping power is equally impressive, thanks to the Whyte 403's Promax Solve hydraulic disc brakes. See our hydraulic disc brakes' blog.
- Compared with a 24 inch wheel bike for younger riders, the Whyte 403's WTB 26x2.1 front / 26x1.95 inch rear tyre combo offers significantly improved traction, rollover and speed potential.
'We’ve broken the mould with our kids bikes. By putting 26” wheels on a kids MTB we’ve given a boost in performance similar to an adult switching to a 650b/27.5” Trail Hardtail. More confidence, more control and easier riding.
The 403 uses a REVO Shift so small hands can easily exploit the huge range of gears 11-40T.
The 403 also comes with Whyte’s own Get-a-Grip seat post clamping system. This easy to use clamp allows the post to be raised or lowered on the trail, even with small, cold hands'
|Frame||6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, multi butted, Get A Grip seat clamp system, BBX (bottom bracket exit) internal cable routing, Post Mount Chainstay Dropouts|
|Fork||SunTour XCR, 100mm travel, 32mm, HYDRO lock-out, Air Spring, Adjustable Rebound, Post Mount|
|Headset||FSA No.10, Semi Integrated|
|Rear Hub||Alloy, 4 Cartridge Sealed Bearing, 28 Hole, XD Driver|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 28 Hole|
|Spokes||2.0mm, Black Stainless with Brass Nipples|
|Rims||WTB SX-19, 28 Hole 26”|
|Front Tyre||WTB Bronson Race, 26” X 2.1"|
|Rear Tyre||WTB Riddler, 26” X 1.95"|
|Shift Levers||Shimano 8-Speed REVO Grip Shifter|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano ALTUS|
|Cassette||Sunrace 8 Speed, ED Black 11-40T|
|Chain||KMC 8 Speed|
|Crankset||28T Narrow/Wide Chainring, 165mm Crank Length|
|Bottom Bracket||TH Sealed, Square Taper|
|Seatpost||Whyte 20mm Offset, 30.9mm x 350mm|
|Bar||Whyte 30 degree rise DB, 31.8mm, 640mm Wide|
|Stem||Whyte Custom, 35mm|
|Front Brakes||Promax Solve, 160mm rotor|
|Rear Brakes||Promax Solve, 160mm rotor|
|Brake Levers||Promax Solve Short Reach|
|Pedals||Fibre reinforced Composite Platform|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|