Teko M3RINO AWS Midweight Hiking Unisex Sock
- Teko M3RINO Aws Midweight Hiking Unisex Sock
- Fantastic merino wool everyday socks
- Cushioned merino wool cycling socks
|Charcoal||Extra Large||Our Price £10.99 RRP £16.00||In Stock|
|Charcoal||Medium||Our Price £10.99 RRP £16.00||In Stock|
|Charcoal||Small||Our Price £10.99 RRP £16.00||In Stock|
Teko M3RINO Aws Midweight Hiking Unisex Sock
Great for hiking, as the label suggests, these Teko Merinos are such an exceptional pair of socks, chances are they'll be the first you'll look out most mornings - especially on cooler mornings.
Teko's 67% Merino wool, 31% Polyamide, 2% Elastane blend maintains the comfortable, stay-fresh, temperature-control qualities that merino is famed for. The polyamide/elastane content mean they will last much longer and keep their shape better than 100% merino socks.
- The itch-free easy-care qualities of superfine merino wool has helped re-establish wool, for many people, as the best active-wear fabric money can buy.
- Merino wool helps keep you warm, even when it gets wet, yet its open weave helps prevent you overheating by allowing vapour to escape before it condenses.
- Add wool's natural antibacterial lanolin oils and you can understand why merino remains wearable and odour free, day after day.
- As long as you wash your feet, you can easily get a week's wear out of Teko M3RINO socks between washes.
- 'Midweight' means these socks offer medium cushioning around the whole foot so they tend to fit looser-fit shoes better than tight-fitting footwear.
- Teko's Seamless Toe, Anatomical Y-heel and Achilles Wrap System minimise bulk and maximise comfort.
- Made in Italy.
- Easy care - machine washable at 30 degrees celcius.
- Teko lifetime guarantee against fault of manufacture.
- See also the women's versionof this sock.
'The Teko Merino Crew Hiking Socks feature a crew height cut so they fit great with any four season or higher hiking boot and a medium weight thickness around the foot so you benefit from cushioning, comfort and wicking properties without too much bulk or warmth. Perfect for walking and hiking in the spring, summer, autumn and winter months.
The perfect hiking sock. Medium-weight M3RINO.XC wool wicks moisture and is naturally anti-microbial making it ideal for multi-day hikes. Superior fit is provided by the seamless toe, Achilles Wrap System and anatomical Y-heel. Our pure and natural M3RINO.XC wool is from South America. The wool is shrink resistant. Machine wash, tumble dry or air dry.
Unlike our competitor's the shrink-proofing process we use for our merino wool, to give it the comfort and performance we are looking for, excludes chlorine and is Bluesign® certified. That's why we call it M3RINO.XC.
The Bluesign® system is the solution for a sustainable textile production. It eliminates harmful substances right from the beginning of the manufacturing process and sets and controls standards for an environmentally friendly and safe production.'
Teko's ambition is make the best socks in the most eco-friendly fashion
Here are some of the steps Teko take to make more ecologically-sound socks.
- Teko produce their socks with merino wool from South America or recycled polyester made from plastic drinks bottles or recycled polyamide.
- All raw materials (except their merino wool which comes from South America) are sourced within 300km of Teko's factories, minimising energy use for transportation.
- Teko transport all raw materials and finished product by boat rather than air.
- All Teko socks meet OekoTex100 standard, manufactured free of toxic dyes, allergens, carcinogens, heavy metals or formaldehyde.
- Teko socks are knitted in the USA or Italy to the very highest environmental and socially responsible standards.
- Teko's office and the factory is powered by renewable energy.
- TEKO pays a fair price for its wool, labour and other materials, so that resources like land and water can be managed wisely, employees can enjoy better health and animals are treated humanely.
- Teko keep packaging to a minimum.
- Maintaining the green theme, because they're made extra durable, Teko socks last longer so they need replaced less often.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|