Specialized Vita Sport Disc Step Through '16
- Specialized Vita Sport Disc Step Through
- Women's flatbar road bike
- Specialized Vita Sport Disc with women's open frame
|Filthy White/Metallic White/Coral||Small||Now Only £450.00 Was £600.00||In Stock|
Specialized Vita Sport Disc Step Through
Looking for a smart, fast, hydraulic disc brake-equipped, all-purpose bike, but with a traditional "ladies' frame"? The Specialized Vita Sport Step Thru was made for you.
Easy on / easy off step thru frame aside, this Specialized Vita Sport Disc has all the key features that makes the diamond frame version a best buy in women's flatbar road bikes AKA fast hybrids, starting with its hydraulic disc brakes.
The undeniable benefits of hydraulic disc brakes
- Moving the brakes from the mud and rain-attracting wheel rims to the relatively clean hubs makes for an improvement in the brakes' all-weather all-conditions performance.
- Disc brake pads are much harder so they last much longer. So do the rims now that they are no longer worn down by the brake pads.
- The benefits of hydraulic disc brakes is that they are mechanically more efficient than cable-operated brakes when it comes to that essential function of bicycle brakes - the pads engage and release more efficiently.
- The braking is more controlled and modulated so you quickly get a feel for the lever pull required whether you need to lightly scrub your speed or come to an emergency stop.
- Automatic pad wear adjustment - the pads remain a constant optimal distance from the rotor so no need for frequent adjustment as is normally the case with non-hydraulic brakes.
- Another significant factor is that hydraulic hoses, unlike cables, are not prone to fraying, rusting, kinking and breaking. This fundamental difference explains why hydraulic brakes require far less maintenance and adjustment than cable-operated brakes.
More good things about the Specialized Vita Sport
- The lightweight, butted Specialized A1 Premium Aluminium frame's Women's Fitness 'relaxed road' geometry with skinny hourglass seatstays guarantees a smooth fast ride.
- Women's Fitness geometry means less of a stretch to the bars compared with an equivalent man's bike (the Specialized Sirrus).
- The steep seat tube angle (74 degrees for medium sized frame) puts you in the best position to generate maximum power.
- The shallow head tube angle (71 degree for medium sized frame) makes the bike stable on the downhills.
- Both the frame and the alloy fork are eyeletted to make it easy to mount mudguards and racks.
- If you need anything fitted, just ask. Our labour charge is zero if the accessories are ordered at the same time as the bike.
- Specialized Nimbus 700x32 Flak Jacket tyres get you there fast, they are virtually immune to punctures, and they offer enough cushioning to offer a comfortable ride when you take detours on unpaved Sustrans routes.
- The tyre sidewalls are reflective to offer an extra degree of safety.
- The Shimano Acera Rapidfire 3 x 9 drivetrain ensures fast, reliable gear shifting.
- Specialized's legendary BG (Body Geometry) women's-specific Rivasaddle and BG Contour lock-on grips help guarantee comfort.
Specialized Vita Video 2014
Specialize Vita Overview
The Vita shares the same flat bar road bike DNA that has made the Specialized Sirrusa best seller for over a decade, except here you get an easy-on easy-off women's frame
The Specialized Vita Sport goes a long way to offering the fast-steering speed potential of a road bike, except it comes with MTB-like flat bars rather than road race drop handlebars. The fact that the Vita is a fast, fun bike to ride is no accident when you realise that its frame geometry (74 degree seat tube angle and 71 head tube angle for medium sized frame) is almost as racy as the Specialized Dolce women's road bike's (75.5 degree seat tube angle and 71.5 head tube angle).
'Specialized Vita Sport Disc Step Through
When you’re on a mission to get fit and healthy, you need a hard-working bike that’s up to the task. The premium Aluminium frame of the Vita Sport Disc Step Through is fast and handles great, delivering a smooth ride quality. Featuring powerful disc brakes and a quality component package, its Women’s Fitness Geometry delivers a superb feeling of control as you work up a sweat, with all the convenience of a step through frame..'
|FRAME||Specialized A1 Premium Aluminium, Women's Fitness Geometry|
|FORK||A1 Premium Aluminium, Cr-Mo steerer, rack/mudguard mounts|
|HEADSET||FSA, Campy style, integrated cartridge bearings|
|STEM||Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized, flat bar, 10-degree backsweep, 4-degree upsweep, 31.8mm|
|TAPE||Specialized Body Geometry Contour Women's, lock-on, closed end|
|FRONT BRAKE||Tektro Auriga, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 160mm rotor|
|REAR BRAKE||Tektro Auriga, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 160mm rotor|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Tektro, hydraulic|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||Shimano Altus, top swing, dual pull|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano Acera, 9-speed|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano SL-M370 RapidFire Plus, 9-speed|
|CASSETTE||Shimano, 9-speed, 11-32t|
|CHAIN||KMC X9, 9-speed, w/ reusable MissingLink|
|CRANKSET||Specialized Stout, forged alloy, 48/36/26T, w/ chainguard|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Square taper, cartridge bearings|
|PEDALS||Nylon body, steel cage, w/ reflectors|
|RIMS||Alloy, double-wall, disc|
|FRONT HUB||Specialized Stout, Hi Lo disc, alloy, double-sealed, ground race, QR, 32h|
|REAR HUB||Specialized Stout, Hi Lo disc, alloy, double-sealed, loose ball bearings, QR, 32h|
|FRONT TYRE||Specialized Nimbus Reflect, 26TPI, Flak Jacket protection, 700x32mm|
|REAR TYRE||Specialized Nimbus Reflect, 26TPI, Flak Jacket protection, 700x32mm|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry Women's Riva Sport Plus, steel rails, 155mm|
|SEATPOST||Alloy, 2-bolt, micro-adjust, 12.5mm offset, 27.2mm|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 31.8mm|
|Filthy White/Metallic White/Coral||Small||888818080724|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|