Specialized Tahoe Shoe '17
- Our most popular cycling shoe
- Welcome return of classic cycling / walking shoe
- Mountain bike / everyday shoe
|Black||39||£75.00||To be Ordered|
|Black||40||£75.00||To be Ordered|
|Black||41||£75.00||To be Ordered|
|Black||48||£75.00||To be Ordered|
Specialized Tahoe Shoe
The Specialized Tahoe is the most popular Body Geometry cycling shoe for both mountain biking and everyday use we've ever had the pleasure to offer.
Why? Because it's great to cycle in. It can be worn with SPD-style cleated or flat pedals. Its Body Geometry sole ensures foot comfort and pedaling efficiency. It's comfortable and secure to walk in. It looks good on or off the bike. It's really well made and it will last you for years.
A Welcome Return
As with too many perfect cycling products the manufacturers decided to cease production of the Tahoe shoe a few years ago. It's to Specialized's credit that they have responded to requests to bring it back. What's more they have improved on the original by upgrading the Tahoe shoe with an even more grippy SlipNot sole and a Stiff Lollipop inner plate.
In other words, Specialized have repeated the trick they achieved when they not only revived but improved upon the classic original Ground Control MTB tyrewhen they brought it back a few years ago.
- The SlipNot rubber compound was developed in Specialized's tyre lab to improve grip whether you're walking or pedalling.
- The Stiff Lollipop inner plate at the pedal contact zone isolates the ball of the foot from pressure and maximises pedalling efficiency.
- The Stiff Lollipop is embedded in an EVA elastomer polymer to soften landings and to further ensure excellent walking grip.
- The shoe's Relaxed Fit achieves a balance of pedal feel and walking comfort.
- A Lacelock elastic keeps the laces out of harm's way.
- Compatible with SPD and similar 2-bolt pedal cleats.
- (Note that cleats don't come supplied with the shoes. They come supplied with pedals or as spare parts.)
- Equally fit for flat pedals without cleats.
- The Specialized Body Geometry sole and footbed are ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency and reduce chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment.
- The Body Geometry Footbed measurably increases power output and reduces injury by aligning the hip, knee, and foot.
- The upper's toe and heel are reinforced with abrasion resistant overlays.
- The Specialized Tahoe shoe is equally perfect for mountain biking, commuting, charity rides, leisure and general getting around.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 700g (based on weighing a size 42 pair).
'The Tahoe mountain bike shoes were designed to deliver rugged and dependable off-road performance, especially if your rides see a good deal of hiking. To do so, they feature our SlipNot™ rubber outsole for added grip over roots and wet terrain. And to keep the shoes stiff enough for riding and flexible enough for walking, they also have our Lollipop™ inner plate that sits in a bed of comfy EVA padding. The fit is relaxed for everyday use, and the Body Geometry sole provides ergonomically designed comfort and efficiency.'
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|