Specialized Sport Road Shoe
- Specialized Sport Road Shoe
- Specialized's entry level road shoes
- Full Body Geometry
|Black||41||Now Only £56.00 Was £75.00||In Stock (2 To 3 Days)|
|Black||42||Now Only £56.00 Was £75.00||In Stock|
|Black||43||Now Only £56.00 Was £75.00||In Stock|
|Black||44||Now Only £56.00 Was £75.00||In Stock|
|Black||45||Now Only £56.00 Was £75.00||In Stock|
|Black||46||Now Only £56.00 Was £75.00||In Stock|
|Black||47||Now Only £56.00 Was £75.00||In Stock|
Specialized Sport Road Shoe
The Specialized Sport Road Shoe is the first road bike shoe in the Specialized BG (Body Geometry) range.
That's significant when you consider Specialized BG shoes are the most frequently spotted on the pro peloton.
Specialized's genius is to make the fundamentals of such high-end technology available to everyday cyclists for the price you might pay for a decent pair of sneakers.
- The injection-moulded nylon composite sole is engineered to be moderately stiff and lightweight.
- Measuring 6.0 on the Specialized Stiffness scale, the sole is stiff enough to make a noticeable difference to your pedalling performance, whilst retaining sufficient resilience for short walks.
- The sole is drilled and threaded to take 3-bolt (Look or Shimano SPD-SL-style ) pedal cleats.
- Note that cleats come supplied with pedals or as spare parts, and never with the shoes.
- Supple, hard wearing synthetic leather upper with fast-drying mesh panels.
- Offset three-strap Velcro lace-free closure.
- Eye-catching reflective heel logo.
- Weight: 600g based upon weighing a pair of size 43 Specialized Sport Road Shoes at Bike Co-op HQ in March 2015.
- Be aware that cycling equipment specifications can change without notice so please regard our published weights as an honest but approximate guide.
- Body Geometry sole and footbed optimise hip, knee, and foot alignment to improve performance and comfort. Read on...
Specialized BG (Body Geometry) Shoes
Body Geometry shoes are the result of a collaboration between Specialized bikes and Dr Andy Pruitt: sports scientist, author, one-time US national team coach and a world expert in cycling-enduced tendonitis.
The contoured Body Geometry footbed supports two key areas of the foot: the metatarsal and the longitudinal arch.
- The raised metatarsal button section of the BG shoe's footbed spreads the metatarsal bones. This helps prevent pressure on the nerves and blood vessels, thus helping to reduce 'hot spots', swelling, and general foot discomfort.
- The footbed's raised longitudinal arch support provides a stable platform to minimize arch flex and improve power transfer and efficiency.
- The varus wedge slightly angles the forefoot to match its natural canted position, bringing the foot into full contact with the pedal and eliminating rotational movement of the knee, shin, and foot.
Combining these three elements means that, compared with riding in standard footwear (cycling or otherwise), a Body Geometry shoe helps keep your leg better aligned and encourages a smoother pedalling stroke, and therefore help prevent knee pain and strain.
'The essential performance and Body Geometry ergonomics of our high-performance shoes in an affordable design that’s perfect for beginning road riders.'
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|