Specialized Sport MTB Shoe
|Black||40||£75.00||In Stock (2 To 3 Days)|
|Black||41||£75.00||In Stock (2 To 3 Days)|
|Black||48||£75.00||In Stock (2 To 3 Days)|
Specialized Sport MTB Shoe
The Specialized Sport MTB Shoe is a best buy in technical mountain bike shoes.
By 'technical' we mean a stiff-soled, lace-free, lightweight shoe devoted to cycling (as opposed to, for instance, more leisure-oriented shoes such as the Specialized Tahoewhich you could happily wear all day, on or off the bike). Having said that, the Specialized Sport MTB shoe (unlike their road shoes) offer a little flex at the toes should you need to take a short hike.
Not just for mountain biking: many touring, fitness commuting and recreational riders, looking for a more technical but still walkable shoe, opt for Specialized Sport MTB Shoes.
- Injection-moulded nylon composite outsole (rated 6.0 on the Specialized Stiffness Index) for efficient pedalling stiffness.
- Rubber outsole for excellent traction when you walk in your Specialized Comp MTB Shoes.
- The uppers are are mostly smooth synthetic leather (with the fast-drying mesh panels restricted to the top of the shoes) making Specialized Sport MTB Shoes more mud and water-resistant than trainer-style cycling shoes.
- Lace-free 3-strap offset Velcro closure.
- Full Body Geometry footbed & outsole.
- Compatible with any 2-bolt SPD-style cleat system.
- Works fine with flattie pedals too.
- Body Geometry outsole and Footbed optimise alignment, improving rider comfort and performance.
- 690g - based upon weighing a pair of size 42 Specialized Sport MTB Shoes at Bike Co-op HQ in October 2013.
Specialized BG (Body Geometry) Shoes
Body Geometry shoes are the result of a collaboration between Specialized bikes and Dr Andy Pruitt: sports scientist, author, one-time US national team coach and a world expert in cycling-induced tendonitis.
The contoured Body Geometry footbed supports two key areas of the foot: the metatarsal and the longitudinal arch.
The raised metatarsal button section of the BG shoe's footbed spreads the metatarsal bones. This helps prevent pressure on the nerves and blood vessels, thus helping to reduce 'hot spots', swelling, and general foot discomfort.
The footbed's raised longitudinal arch support provides a stable platform to minimize arch flex and improve power transfer and efficiency.
The varus wedge slightly angles the forefoot to match its natural canted position, bringing the foot into full contact with the pedal and eliminating rotational movement of the knee, shin, and foot. Compared with riding in standard shoes (cycling or otherwise) Body Geometry shoes help keep your leg better aligned and encourage a smoother pedalling stroke, and therefore help prevent knee pain and strain.
'Specialized Sport MTB Shoe
Remarkable performance and value make the Sport MTB one of our best mountain shoes. This durable, lightweight shoe features Body Geometry fit, comfortable offset Velcro closures, and a sole with improved traction for hiking.'
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|