Specialized Ruze Comp 6FATTIE '16
- Specialized Ruze Comp 6FATTIE
- 27.5-plus mountain bike for women
- 27.5x3 tyres make hardtails more fun
|Satin Black/Coral/White||Medium||Phone 0131 331 5010 for exclusive in-store offers||In Stock|| |
|Satin Black/Coral/White||Small||Phone 0131 331 5010 for exclusive in-store offers||In Stock|| |
Specialized Ruze Comp 6FATTIE
Rolling on super wide 27.5 x 3 inch tyres, the Ruse Comp 6Fattie is Specialized's introduction to 27.5-plus bikes for women.
Thanks to its traction-hungry plus-sized tyres, the Ruze Comp will romp over terrain in situations where skinnier treads might slither. Thanks to the tyres' volume, this hardtail emulates the downhill cushioning of a full suspension bike - without the inevitable extra cost and complication. And thanks to its SRAM 1x10 transmission, you can be confident the Fuse Comp is bang up to the minute.
The benefits of being plus-sized
- It's generally accepted that tyres define the bike.
- Specialized developed an all-new 650B x 3 inch 6Fattie version of their Ground Control tyre to create this bike.
- Significantly this bike is named after its 6Fattie tyre.
- For all their extra volume, these tyres climb with great agility.
- Thanks to the tyres' grip and their width, the Specialized Fuse Comp 6Fattie retains traction in conditions that might stall a skinnier tyre.
- Specialized tell us these tyres offer a 69% increase in tyre contact patch and a 56% increase in tyre volume compared with the average MTB tyre.
- The tyres can safely be run at lower air pressures to maximise cushioning and traction.
- More floatation, means the tyres absorbs bumps better without slowing down the rider,
To sum up, more cushioning, traction and floatation = more control and speed = more fun.
In fact 27.5-plus bikes are so much fun to ride, many MTB insiders reckon they might become the future of hardtails (except, perhaps for XC racers).
Specialized Ruze Comp 6Fattie
- The M4 Premium Aluminium durable lightweight frame boasts a low and slack geometry (67 degree head tube / 73 degree seat tube angle) that's equal parts snappy and efficient on climbs and descents.
- Specialized developed an exclusive Diamond Stay that accommodates the 6Fattie wheels/ tyres without compromising on their hallmark short (43cm) chainstays that provide unrivalled handling and climbing prowess.
- SR SunTour Raidon 650+ fork's 100mm of travel soaks up trail bumps, while its compression and rebound adjust enable you to dial-in the damping to your liking.
- 650bx3.0" 6Fattie Ground Control tyres feature a perfectly sized contact patch for life-changing levels of traction and control while cornering, all without sacrificing climbing efficiency or descending prowess.
- The custom WTB Scraper i45 wheelset is optimised for 27.5-plus tyres.
- The rims' 45mm internal width minimises tyre deflection and maximises traction and stability - even when ridden at lower tyre pressures.
- Stout XC crankset would be the perfect complement to any one-by drivetrain, but here, its strong alloy construction and spindle makes it ideal for power transfer on climbs and when descending through technical rock gardens.
- The dropper seatpost that makes it easy to adjust saddle height to the terrain on-the-fly adds to this bike's pure fun credentials.
- The SRAM X5/X7 1x10 transmission makes the advantages of one-by drivetrains more affordable than 1x11.
The benefits of the SRAM 1x10 drivetrain
- Thanks to its 11-40 tooth 10-speed cassette, you get a massive gear range in a simplified format comprising a single shifter, a single gear mech and a single chainring.
- Doing away with the front derailleur, the LH shifter and one or two chainrings means less weight, less complication and less to go wrong.
- This 1 x 10 transmission delivers benefits any cyclist can appreciate.
- The beginner will be spared learning about what they have to push or pull on each lever to get into a lower or higher gear.
- With a single lever, gear shifting becomes immediately more straightforward.
- Even massively experienced racing mountain bikers appreciate this simplicity in the heat of competition.
- No more 'double shifting' to get in the right gear.
- The SRAM X.7 rear derailleur employs the same roller bearing clutch and cage lock mechanisms, proven on SRAM XX1 transmissions to keep the chain in constant tension and deliver incredibly positive shifting, while virtually eliminating derailleur bounce and chain slap.
'Specialized Ruze Comp 6 Fattie
The word "comp" is short for "giving away something for free, or complimentary," and in the case of the Ruze Comp 6Fattie, we're giving away more traction, increased control, and elevated confidence. It's certainly not free in the traditional sense, but with the Comp's durable, no-fuss component spec, the only thing you have to worry about spending is how to better spend your energy harnessing the revolutionary characteristics of our 6Fattie Wheel System, women's-specific components, and our Women's Trail Geometry with an ultra-low standover height.'
SPECIALIZED RUSE COMP 6FATTIE
|Frame:||Specialized M4 Premium Aluminium,Women's Trail 6Fattie Geometry, fully-butted w/ smooth welds, tapered head tube, tapered seat tube, forged 160mm disc mounts, 148mm thru-axle dropouts, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger|
|Fork:||SR Suntour Raidon 650+, air spring, S: 100mm travel, compression adjust, rebound adjust, tapered alloy steerer, alloy stanchions, 15x110mm thru-axle|
|Rims:||WTB Scraper i45 650b, double-wall, 45mm inner width, 18mm deep, TCS tubeless compatible, sleeved, 24/28h|
|Rear Hub:||Specialized Stout XC Pro 148, disc, alloy, loose ball bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h|
|Front Hub:||Specialized Stout XC Pro 110, disc, alloy, cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 24h|
|Tyres:||Specialized 6Fattie Ground Control, 60TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 650bx3.0"|
|Spokes:||Stainless, 14g, black|
|Shift lever:||SRAM X5, 2x10, trigger|
|Rear mech:||SRAM X7 Type 2.1, 10-speed, long cage|
|Cassette:||Custom Sunrace, wide range, 10-speed, 11-40t|
|Chain:||KMC X10L, 10-speed, w/ reusable MissingLink|
|Crankset:||Specialized Stout XC, forged alloy, 148-specific chain line, PF30, Cr-Mo spindle, 30T, 76mm BCD spider|
|Bottom bracket:||Samox, PF30, sealed cartridge|
|Seatpost:||TranzX YSP03 dropper, internal cable routing, remote lever, 30.9mm, S: 100mm travel, M/L/XL: 120mm travel|
|Saddle:||Body Geometry Women's Myth Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 155mm|
|Handlebar:||Specialized Demo, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 25mm rise, 780mm, 31.8mm|
|Stem:||Specialized XC, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|Rear Brake:||TRP Slate X2, hydraulic disc, dual piston, I-spec compatible, Matchmaker adapter, 160mm rotor|
TRP Slate T4, hydraulic disc, 4-piston, metallic pads, 180mm rotor
|Brake levers:||TRP hydraulic with tooled reach adjust|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|