Specialized Rime Elite Shoe
- Specialized Rime Elite Shoe
- Specialized Body Geometry mountain bike shoe
- Specialized MTB shoe with Vibram sole
Specialized Rime Elite Shoe
If you mix your mountain biking with the odd bit of hiking, you're going to love the Rime Elite - a SpecializedBody Geometry shoe with a Vibram sole.
- Durable and remarkably sure footed the Vibram is the first name in hiking boot soles.
- Durable synthetic leather / mesh upper with reinforced sheet rubber toe to handle trail abuse.
- The composite midsole plate registers 7.0 on Specialized's stiffness index for efficient cycling, yet it retains sufficient flexibility for short hikes.
- Three offset Velcro strap closures and mesh upper make for a comfortable lace-free fit.
- The wrap-style tongue offers comfort and secure fit and it keeps the dirt and mud out.
- The Specialized BG Rime Shoe takes 2-bolt cleats such as Shimano SPDs. (Note that cleats come supplied with pedals or as spares, never with the shoes).
- A reflective heel loop facilitates pulling this shoe on.
- Weight - 838g based upon weighing a pair of size 43 Specialized Rime Elite Shoe at Bike Co-op HQ in March 2015.
- Be aware that cycling equipment specifications can change without notice so please regard our published weights as an honest but approximate guide.
- The Specialized BG Rime Shoes Body Geometry outsole and footbed optimise alignment to maximise rider comfort and performance.
'Rime Elite blends mesh breathability, great fit, and a sturdy Vibram® sole to create a trail-worthy performer. Body Geometry performance benefits and an ergonomic offset strap round out the unbeatable comfort and value of this shoe.'
Specialized BG (Body Geometry) Shoes
Body Geometry shoes are the fruit of a collaboration between Specialized bikes and Dr Andy Pruitt: sports scientist, author, one-time US national team coach and a world expert in cycling-induced tendonitis.
The contoured Body Geometry footbed supports two key areas of the foot: the metatarsal and the longitudinal arch.
The raised metatarsal button section of the BG shoe's footbed spreads the metatarsal bones. This helps prevent pressure on the nerves and blood vessels, thus helping to reduce 'hot spots', swelling, and general foot discomfort.
The footbed's raised longitudinal arch support provides a stable platform to minimize arch flex and improve power transfer and efficiency.
The varus wedge slightly angles the forefoot to match its natural canted position, bringing the foot into full contact with the pedal and eliminating rotational movement of the knee, shin, and foot. Compared with riding in standard shoes (cycling or otherwise) Body Geometry shoes help keep your leg better aligned and encourage a smoother pedalling stroke, and therefore help prevent knee pain and strain.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|