Specialized Power Expert Saddle
- Specialized Power Expert Saddle
- A saddle that helps you go faster
- All day comfort for men and women
Specialized Power Expert Saddle
The Specialized Power Expert Saddle is made to maximise your power output, by making it more comfortable to pedal in a more aggressive riding position.
- This unique saddle design works equally well for men and women.
- With its enhanced sit bone support and its wider, longer Body Geometry channel, the Specialized Power Expert Saddle was made to deliver all-day comfort.
- Clinical blood-flow and pressure map tested to improve all-day riding comfort.
- Stiff, carbon-reinforced shell for lightweight longevity and all-day riding efficiency.
- Level 2 padding: medium density foam for road bike performance with additional cushioning.
- Lightweight and supportive PU padding for comfort and support on longer rides.
- Lightweight and durable hollow titanium rails.
- Tough, lightweight water resistant synthetic leather saddle cover.
- SWAT-compatible mounts co-moulded into the saddle base allow for sleek and integrated storage solutions.
- Width 143 or 155mm
- Weight 240g (143mm model) checked at Bike Co-op HQ in January 2016
Specialized Body Geometry Saddles
Specialized BG (Body Geometry) saddles have been the world's best sellers since their introduction in the late 1990s. And probably deservedly so. When you sit on a conventional bicycle saddle, pressure on the perineum compresses sensitive penile nerves and arteries. This can reduces blood flow by as much as 75% according to clinical studies conducted at the University of Cologne. Pressure on the perineum can cause saddle-induced numbness, soreness, and in the worst cases, temporary impotence. Bicycle saddles are a serious business, guys.
Working with sports' scientist, Roger Minkow, Specialized addressed these issues by developing their BG (Body Geometry) saddle range. BG saddles come in a comprehensive range of styles to suit every budget and every style of riding. The one factor that defines Body Geometry is the fact that every BG saddle has a cutaway channel in the middle, which Specialized call the V-groove AKA The Minkow Wedge. Having nothing there reduces perineal pressure to such a degree, the University of Cologne studies concluded that riding on a Body Geometry saddle was as safe and benign as sitting on a padded armchair.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|Submit a review|
|I bought this saddle after struggling to get a comfortable seat for my Scott Addict, which is set up quite aggressively. I found that both the stock seat, and a number of others sat between, rather than under my sit bones, and exerted considerable pressure on the perineal area when riding on the drops. The Specialized Power gave me both a wide rear section, and large cutout under the perineum, being comfortable for all seating positions. Tested on rides of up to 60 miles, no problems.|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|