Specialized Hemisphere Armadillo Tyre
Specialized New Hemisphere Armadillo 26 x 1.95 inch Tyre
As used by the fastest rider in the world (circa 1993).
Last time Graeme Obree was in our Edinburgh shop (he was doing an interview for German telly in 'an appropriate setting' to publicise the general release of Flying Scotsman in 2007). He picked up a pair of Specialized Hemisphere Armadillo tyres for his everyday hack bike. You know: the type of bike you just get around on. The bike you don't ever want to let you down.
His choice of tyre was further confirmation that Graeme really knows his bicycle equipment.
I (Ged) have commuted on these smooth-rolling tyres for 3 years over mixed terrain taking in cobbles, dirt tracks and glass-strewn housing schemes. I used to accept punctures as part of the price of being 15 stone and riding over anything. Then I fitted Specialized Hemisphere Armadillo Tyres. Three years on, they have yet to puncture. These tyres are so confidence inspiring, I only carry a pump now to help out fellow riders with less bullet-proof tyres.
- Bump-cushioning large-volume rounded profile.
- Moderately recessed tread doesn't slow you down, yet the Specialized Hemisphere grips surprising well, even when the dirt roads get swampy.
- Armadillo bead-to-bead Aramid casing (compare with Specialized's Flak Jacket tyres where the puncture protection begins and ends under the tread, but does not extend to the tyre's sidewalls).
- 60 tpi casing.
- All-conditions hard-wearing 70a compound.
- Wire bead.
- 35-65 psi.
- 975g (Graeme said riding an ATB with such heavy tyres helped slow him down. This helped his roadie chums keep up with him on club rides).
SpecializedBuy Specialized bikes from Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op's fantastic range of road, mountain, hybrid, electric and kids bikes and bicycle kit from California's best.
See all Tyres - Hybrid & Commuting from Specialized
See all products from Specialized
See all Tyres - Hybrid & Commuting
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|