Specialized Hotrock 24 XC '16
- One of the best kids' mountain bikes on the market.
- The Hotrock 24 XC is that wee bit lighter weight so even more manoeuvrable than the standard Hardrock 24.
- The wheel rims are double wall for extra strength, then CNC machined to create an improved braking surface.
Specialized Hotrock 24 XC Boys
Looking for a junior mountain bike to help your youngster make the most of trail centres? The Hotrock 24 XC is that wee bit lighter weight so even more manoeuvrable than the standard Hotrock 24.
- Specialized A1 Premium aluminium frame with double butted and formed top tube, double butted and formed down tube, externally relieved head tube and forged dropouts - all in the quest for maximum strength and minimum weight.
- The wheel rims are double wall for extra strength.
- These aluminium rims are CNC machined to help get the best performance from the alloy V-brakes.
- Specialized 24 x 1.8 inch Fast Track tyres are faster rolling.
- SRAM X.3 21-speed gear shifts are a step up from Shimano Tourney.
- The Hotrock 24XC even comes supplied with a Junior version of Specialized's legendary Body Geometry saddle.
- Suitable for boys and girls from around 8 years old up 14.
'Grown-up bike technology and quality dialled for big kids looking to attack the trails and build some skills.'
|FRAME||Specialized A1 Premium Aluminium frame, double-butted and formed DT/TT, externally relieved HT and forged dropouts w/ replaceable hanger and disc mount|
|FORK||SR Suntour SF11-XCT-JR-24, 1pc alloy lower, coil/MCU spring, 1-1/8" Hi-Ten steerer, direct press type dust seal, for both V+Disc brake mount, preload adjust , 50mm travel|
|HEADSET||1-1/8" threadless, loose ball|
|STEM||Alloy Ahead, 4 bolt, 15º rise, 25.4mm clamp|
|HANDLEBARS||Kid's Riser Bar, alloy, 600mm wide, 30mm rise, 25.4mm|
|FRONT BRAKE||"V" brake, alloy linear pull, 1pc. pad|
|REAR BRAKE||"V" brake, alloy linear pull, 1pc. pad|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Alloy, linear pull compatible|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||SR Suntour, 7-speed, 31.8mm clamp|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||SRAM X3, 7-speed, long cage|
|SHIFT LEVERS||SRAM 3.0 Comp, 7-speed, Grip Shift|
|CASSETTE||Shimano MegaRange, 7-speed freewheel, 14-34|
|CHAIN||KMC Z7, 1/2" x 3/32"|
|CRANKSET||SR Suntour 7-speed Junior, 160mm w/ replaceable outer ring|
|CHAINRINGS||42/32/22, steel, replaceable outer w/ chainguard|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Square taper, cartridge bearing, 68mm shell|
|PEDALS||Composite platform, w/ reflectors, 9/16"|
|RIMS||24", alloy, CNC braking surfaces, double-wall, pin joint, 32h|
|FRONT HUB||Forged alloy, double-sealed, ground race, QR, 32h|
|REAR HUB||Forged alloy, freewheel type, double-sealed, ground race, QR, 32h|
|FRONT TYRE||Specialized Fast Trak Sport, 24x1.8", wire bead, 60TPI|
|REAR TYRE||Specialized Fast Trak Sport, 24x1.8", wire bead, 60TPI|
|INNER TUBES||Schrader valve|
|SADDLE||BodyGeometry Kid's Rival, 7mm rail, front and rear bumpers|
|SEATPOST||Alloy, 27.2mm, micro adjust|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy QR, nylon washer|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|Submit a review|
|An excellent start off mountain bike for young kids interested in the sport. One thing that children need with a bike is an easy gear changing system allowing them to change gear quickly without struggle, this is provided with the shimano grip shift gear system.The bike is suited for on and off road activity such as cycling through a forest or nature trail. The braking system works fine and all in all the bike runs smoothly. A great bike for kids|