Specialized Hotrock 20 Girls 2017
- Specialized girls' mountain bike
- Made to the highest (Specialized) standards
- Nice touches such as roller device chain keeper
Specialized Hotrock 20 Girls2017
With its Specialized A1 alloy frame, SunTour suspension fork and Shimano 6-speed gear changes, this is a superb intro to mountain bike fun.
As ever with Specialized, it's all about the detail. Check how the alloy frame's top tube (cross bar) drops down low to maximise stepover height while the down tube's bottle cage bolts are mounted low to make more room for a full-sized bottle. Then note how the chain is kept in place with a roller device which, along with the 40mm-travel fork delivers authentic trail bike kudos.
Check the frame's formed down tube and top tube, specially shaped for lightweight strength, authentic performance and great looks.
- The Specialized Hotrock 20's aluminium frame is lightweight, but it's built to take bumps and scrapes (check the forged dropouts - just like you'll get on an adult Specialized mountain bike).
- The name-brand SR SunTour suspension fork's 40mm travel helps soak up bumps.
- Shimano 6-speed gearing with twistshifter is easy for kids to to operate.
- Forged alloy chainset, alloy wheel rims, 4-bolt alloy A-Head stem: this is all quality kit that wouldn't look out of place of an adult MTB.
- The roller chain guide helps prevent the chain coming off (a common problem with any single chainring bike without a front mech) and contributes to the Specialized Hotrock 20's serious trials bike looks.
- The Specialized Roller 20x2.125 inch tyres offer knobby grip for trail riding and roll easily on smoother surfaces.
- Fits girls from 5-6 years old. This bike is often not outgrown till they're 10. And the Hotrock is so well made, if it's looked after, it should be fit to pass on to the next rider.
|Specialized Hotrock 20 Girls 2017|
|Frame:||Specialized A1 Premium Aluminium, formed toptube/downtube, forged dropouts, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger|
|Fork:||SR Suntour coil spring w/preload adjust 1-1/8" steerer. 40mm travel|
|Rear hub:||Alloy, loose ball, dual lock nuts w/ 17mm contact side, steel nutted, 32h|
|Front hub:||Alloy, 3/8" axle, loose ball, dual lock nuts w/ 17mm contact side, nutted, 32h|
|Rims:||20", alloy single wall, pin joint, 32h|
|Tyres:||Specialized Roller, 30TPI, wire bead, 20x2.125"|
|Shift levers:||Shimano Revo-Shift, 6-speed|
|Rear mech:||Shimano, 6-speed, short cage, direct mount|
|Freewheel:||Shimano, 6-speed freewheel, 14-28|
|Chain:||KMC HV500, 1/2"x3/32"|
|Crankset:||Forged alloy arms with 36t steel chainring and composite chainguard|
|Bottom bracket:||68x119mm, semi-cartridge, w/ bolts|
|Seatpost:||Alloy, single bolt, 27.2mm|
|Saddle:||Specialized Kids, 7mm rails, w/ bumper|
|Handlebar:||Specialized, steel, 8-degree backsweep, 4-degree upsweep, 25mm rise, 25.4mm|
|Stem:||Ahead, forged alloy, 4-bolt, 20-degree rise|
|Front brakes:||V-brake, alloy, linear pull|
|Rear brakes:||V-brake, alloy, linear pull|
|Brake levers:||Tektro, alloy, linear pull compatible|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|