Specialized Hotrock 20 Girls '16
- This girls' mountain bike will be good for the long run.
- Being a Specialized, the Hotrock is better made, better spec'd and lighter weight than just about any other similar-sized children's mountain bike .
- Although the aluminium frame and components are lightweight, they are also very strong.
Specialized Hotrock 20 Girls
With its Specialized A1 aluminium frame, SunTour 40mm-travel fork and Shimano 6-speed gear changes, you can be confident that this bike will be good for the long run.
As ever with Specialized, it's all about the detail. Check how the alloy frame's top tube (cross bar) drops down low to maximise stepover height. Then note how the chain is kept in place with a roller device which, along with the 40mm-travel fork delivers authentic trail bike kudos.
Check the frame's formed down tube and top tube, specially shaped for lightweight strength, authentic performance and great looks.
- The Specialized Hotrock 20 is built with a lightweight aluminium frame for girls.
- The frame is also very strong so it will take bumps and scrapes (check the forged dropouts - just like you will get on the Specialized Mykamountain bike frame for adults).
- The name-brand SR SunTour suspension fork's 40mm travel helps soak up bumps.
- Shimano 6-speed gearing with twistshifter is easier for kids to operate and is less likely to get knocked than a trigger shifter.
- Forged alloy chainset, alloy wheel rims, 4-bolt alloy A-Head stem: this is all quality kit that wouldn't be out of place of a £300 adult bike.
- The roller chain guide helps prevent the chain coming off (a common problem with any single chainring bike without a front mech).
- The Specialized Roller 20x2.125 inch tyres offer knobby grip for trail riding and roll easily on smoother surfaces.
- Fits girls from 5-6 years old. This bike is often not outgrown till they're 10. And the Hotrock 20 is so well made, if it's looked after, it should be fit to pass on to the next rider.
- Approx Weight: 11.2kg/24.76lb.
|FRAME||Specialized A1 Premium Aluminium 20" frame, front suspension geo, formed toptube/downtube, forged dropouts, alloy replaceable der. hanger|
|FORK||SR Suntour SF9-XCT-JR-20, 1pc alloy lower, coil/MCU spring, 1-1/8" Hi-Ten steerer, direct press type dust seal, for both V+Disc brake mount, preload adjust, 40mm travel|
|HEADSET||1-1/8" threadless, cartridge w/ seals|
|STEM||Alloy Ahead, 4 bolt, 20º rise, 25.4mm clamp|
|HANDLEBARS||Alloy riser bar, 25mm rise, 10º backsweep, 4º upsweep, 25.4mm|
|GRIPS||Specialized Kraton, Revo type|
|FRONT BRAKE||"V" brake, alloy linear pull, 1pc. pad|
|REAR BRAKE||"V" brake, alloy linear pull, 1pc. pad|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Alloy, linear pull compatible|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano FT30, short cage|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano RS-35, 6-speed, Revo Twist|
|CASSETTE||Shimano, 6-speed freewheel, 14-28|
|CHAIN||KMC HV500, 1/2" x 3/32"|
|CRANKSET||Forged alloy arms w/ single outer chainguard|
|CHAINRINGS||36T, steel w/ chainguard|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Water sealed, loose ball, 68mm x 128mm|
|PEDALS||Composite platform, w/ reflectors, 9/16"|
|RIMS||20", alloy, single-wall, pin joint, 32h|
|FRONT HUB||Alloy, nutted axle, 32h|
|REAR HUB||Alloy, freewheel type, nutted axle, 32h|
|SPOKES||Stainless, 2.0mm (14g)|
|FRONT TYRE||Specialized Roller, 20x2.125", wire bead, 30TPI|
|REAR TYRE||Specialized Roller, 20x2.125", wire bead, 30TPI|
|INNER TUBES||Schrader valve|
|SADDLE||Specialized Kids, 7mm rail w/ clamp|
|SEATPOST||Alloy, 27.2mm, single bolt|
|SEAT BINDER||34.9mm, alloy, nylon washer|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|