Specialized Henge Sport Saddle
Specialized BG Henge Saddle
The Henge is a Specialized Body Geometry saddle designed for mountain biking. Like many MTB designs, the Specialized BG Henge Saddle doubles as a sound, reliable, comfortable (clinically-endorsed!) saddle, perfect for everyday riding.
- The Specialized BG Henge Saddle's mostly flat top facilitates varying your position.
- The rounded rear makes it easier to slide off the back whenever downhills dictate.
- The saddle's broad, 'blunt' nose is less likely to hook up your baggy shorts when you get out of the saddle to climb.
Specialized Body Geometry
Specialized BG (Body Geometry) saddles have been the world's best sellers since their introduction in the late 1990s. And probably deservedly so. When you sit on a conventional bicycle saddle, pressure on the perineum compresses sensitive penile nerves and arteries. This can reduces blood flow by as much as 75% according to clinical studies conducted at the University of Cologne. Pressure on the perineum can cause saddle-induced numbness, soreness, and in the worst cases, temporary impotence. Bicycle saddles are a serious business, guys.
Working with sports' scientist, Roger Minkow, Specialized addressed these issues by developing their BG (Body Geometry) saddle range. BG saddles come in a comprehensive range of styles to suit every budget and every style of riding. The one factor that defines Body Geometry is the fact that every BG saddle has a cutaway section in the middle, which Specialized call the V-groove AKA The Minkow Wedge. Having nothing there reduces perineal pressure to such a degree, the University of Cologne studies concluded that riding on a Body Geometry saddle was as safe and benign as sitting on a padded armchair.
'Specialized BG Henge Saddle
The Henge is the perfect saddle choice for trail and all-mountain riding. The broad, flat shape allows for added rider control.
- Patented Body Geometry design is lab tested to assure blood flow to sensitive arteries.
- Lightweight and supportive PU foam for increased comfort on longer rides.
- Performance tuned base provides all day support and comfort.
- Light and super-durable steel rails.
- Level 3 padding: Extra padding for increased vibration dampening'.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|