Specialized Expert Road Shoe
- Specialized Expert Road Shoe
- Boa's IP1 Snap dial closure
- FACT carbon sole
|Black/Bright Orange||42||Now Only £125.00 Was £160.00||In Stock|
|Black/Bright Orange||43||Now Only £125.00 Was £160.00||In Stock (2 To 3 Days)|
|Black/Bright Orange||44||Now Only £125.00 Was £160.00||In Stock (2 To 3 Days)|
|Black/Bright Orange||45||Now Only £125.00 Was £160.00||In Stock|
|Black/Bright Orange||46||Now Only £125.00 Was £160.00||In Stock|
Specialized Expert Road Shoe
The intricately adjustable action of Boa's IP1 Snap dial closure upper, the FACT carbon sole, the thermo-bonded sole and of course the Body Geometry fit sets the Specialized Expert Road Shoe above and beyond the rest.
Boa's IP1 Snap dial closure is so advanced, the Specialized Expert Road Shoe requires no supplementary Velcro straps to ensure the most comfortable, secure and fine-tunable fit. This Boa is no constrictor.
- Specialized's patented Body Geometry sole and footbed optimise hip, knee, and foot alignment to improve performance and comfort
- The FACT (Functionally Advanced Composite Technology) carbon/composite fibre sole is directionally rigid for outstanding power transfer.
- Measuring 8.5 on the Specialized Stiffness Index (for comparison, the Specialized Comp Road Shoe measures 6.0) this is a pure riding shoe. You wouldn't want to walk very far in it.
- Boa IP1 Snap dial closure for on-the-fly tunability and dynamic fit.
- Light, supple thermo-bonded synthetic upper for superior fit.
- The uppers are perforated at the top for fast-drying breathabilty.
- The reflective logo on the heel might be small but it catches the eye.
- Specialized Standard Fit - these shoes are made for on-bike support and all-day comfort.
- The sole is drilled and threaded to take 3-bolt (Look or Shimano SPD-SL-style ) pedal cleats.
- Note that cleats come supplied with pedals or as spare parts, and never with the shoes.
- Weight: 570g based upon weighing a pair of size 44 Specialized Expert Road Shoe at Bike Co-op HQ in March 2015.
- Be aware that cycling equipment specifications can change without notice so please regard our published weights as an honest but approximate guide.
- Body Geometry sole and footbed optimise hip, knee, and foot alignment to improve performance and comfort. Read on...
Specialized BG (Body Geometry) Shoes
Body Geometry shoes are the result of a collaboration between Specialized bikes and Dr Andy Pruitt: sports scientist, author, one-time US national team coach and a world expert in cycling-enduced tendonitis.
The contoured Body Geometry footbed supports two key areas of the foot: the metatarsal and the longitudinal arch.
- The raised metatarsal button section of the BG shoe's footbed spreads the metatarsal bones. This helps prevent pressure on the nerves and blood vessels, thus helping to reduce 'hot spots', swelling, and general foot discomfort.
- The footbed's raised longitudinal arch support provides a stable platform to minimize arch flex and improve power transfer and efficiency.
- The varus wedge slightly angles the forefoot to match its natural canted position, bringing the foot into full contact with the pedal and eliminating rotational movement of the knee, shin, and foot.
Combining these three elements means that, compared with riding in standard footwear (cycling or otherwise), a Body Geometry shoe helps keep your leg better aligned and encourages a smoother pedalling stroke, and therefore help prevent knee pain and strain.
'Body Geometry technology, Boa® dial adjustability, and the FACT™ carbon/composite fibre sole deliver high-performance comfort and unbeatable value.'
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|