Specialized Dolce Sport Disc '16
- Specialized Dolce Sport Disc
- D'Aluisio Smartweld E5 frame
- Women's disc brake road bike
|Gloss Pearl Indigo/Silver||48cm||Phone 0131 331 5010 for exclusive in-store offers||In Stock|| |
|Gloss Pearl Indigo/Silver||51cm||Phone 0131 331 5010 for exclusive in-store offers||In Stock|| |
Specialized Dolce Sport Disc '16
With its elite D'Aluisio Smartweld E5 Premium Aluminium frame and FACT/Zertz carbon forks equipped with one of our favourite mechanical disc brakesets (Tektro Spyre), the Specialized Dolce Sport Disc is a superb women's road bike that matches fast performance with long-day sportive-ready comfort.
Specialized E5 frame
E5 truly is an elite alloy, Tour tested in France by the likes of Mario Cipollini in the early 2000s. E5 is a unique-to-Specialized alloy of aluminium, silicon, copper, manganese, magnesium and zinc. E5 is more formable than conventional 6061 aluminium. This enables Specialized to specify every inch of tubing so the frame is as light as possible where it can be and strong as required where needs be.
Optimised weld location makes for a more durable, stiffer head tube junction. This process allows Specialized to reduce the frame's weight by using less material without compromising the frames integrity.
Specialized Women's Endurance geometry
The Dolce's Women's Endurance geometry combines a steep seat tube angle (75.5 degree in 51cm size), which puts you 'on top of the cranks' to maximise power output, with a more relaxed 72 degree head tube angle and slightly taller head tube for all-day riding comfort.
TRP Spyre disc brakes
TRP (Tektro Racing Products) Spyre disc brakes deliver confidence-inspiring all-weather performance. Unlike the majority of mechanical disc brakes, which only have one moving piston, TRP Spyre disc brakes have two. Both pistons move equally against the rotor. The result: more consistent and even braking performance, less likelihood of brake rub and less maintenance required.
'TRP Spyre mechanical disc brakes are the best non-hydraulic road bike and cyclo-cross stoppers we've used.'
More spec highlights
- Specialized FACT (Functionally Advanced Composite Technology) carbon fork with Zertz.
- Zertz are 'solid jelly' inserts that deliver remarkable shock absorbency without the weight penalty associated with conventional bicycle suspension.
- If you want to reduce weight whilst improving comfort, aerodynamics and steering response, upgrading the fork blades from metal to carbon is probably the most profound improvement you can make on a road bike.
- 'Specialized FACT carbon fork is ultra lightweight and provides precise steering through the tightest turns.' Specialized.
- Shimano Sora STI Dual Control 2x9 shifters - the higher you go up the Shimano hierarchy, the better the long-term performance.
- Now a 2-piece crankset with an integrated bottom bracket and Shimano SG-X chainrings, the Sora chainset offers exceptional power transfer.
- Axis system-built wheels are a rare-but-welcome sight on such a modestly priced road bike.
- In line with the growing consensus that 28mm wide tyres are not only more comfortable but also potentially faster than 700x23s or 25s, the wheels are fitted with Specialized's own Espoir Sport 700x28 tyres with proven BlackBelt puncture protection.
- The Body Geometry Women's Riva Sport Plus and the gel padded Specialized Roubaix bar tape make for more comfortable contact points.
'Specialized Dolce Sport
The Dolce Sport Disc is purpose-built to take you places—both physically and geographically—and make sure you’re enjoying the best ride along the way. With a geometry that keeps you comfortable on long rides as you explore your boundaries, and a components package that delivers the right mix of durability and quality, the Dolce Sport Disc delivers an added bonus: the stopping power and confidence of disc brakes.'
|Specialized Dolce Sport Disc 2016|
|FRAME||Specialized E5 Premium Aluminium w/ D'Aluisio Smartweld Technology, Women's Endurance Geometry, women's fully-manipulated tube sets w/ smooth welds, Zertz, 1-1/8" lower bearing, disc mount|
|FORK||Specialized FACT carbon, alloy steerer/crown, Zertz, post disc mount, Plug + Play fender mount|
|HEADSET||1-1/8", integrated sealed Cr-Mo cartridge bearings, 20mm alloy cone spacer, w/ 20mm spacers|
|STEM||Specialized 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized Comp short reach|
|TAPE||Specialized Roubaix w/ 2.5mm gel pads|
|FRONT BRAKE||Tektro Spyre, mechanical disc, dual pivot, 160mm rotor|
|REAR BRAKE||Tektro Spyre, mechanical disc, dual pivot, 140mm rotor|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||Shimano Sora, braze-on|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano Sora, long cage 9-speed|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano Sora STI|
|CASSETTE||Shimano, 9-speed, 11-32|
|CHAIN||KMC X9, 9-speed, reusable Missing Link|
|CRANKSET||Shimano Sora, 50/34|
|PEDALS||Nylon flat test ride, loose-ball, w/ reflectors|
|FRONT WHEEL||AXIS Classic Disc|
|REAR WHEEL||AXIS Classic Disc|
|FRONT TYRE||Specialized Espoir Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x28c|
|REAR TYRE||Specialized Espoir Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x28c|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry Women's Riva Sport, steel rails, 155mm|
|SEATPOST||Specialized Sport, alloy, 2-bolt, 27.2mm|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 31.2mm|
|Gloss Pearl Indigo/Silver||48cm||888818081004|
|Gloss Pearl Indigo/Silver||51cm||888818080922|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|