Specialized Dolce '16
- Specialized Dolce
- Specialized women's road bike
- Fast but forgiving Women's Endurance Geometry
|Pearl Turquoise/Indigo/Silver/Hyper Green||44cm||Phone 0131 331 5010 for exclusive in-store offers||In Stock|| |
Fast but forgiving, with its aluminium frame rather than carbon, the Specialized Dolce is like a more affordable version of Specialized's carbon-frame Ruby bikes.
- Specialized's race-inspired A1 Premium Aluminium fully manipulated smooth-welded frame is stiff, lightweight and fast.
- Specialized FACT (Functionally Advanced Composite Technology) fork whose carbon fibre legs are impregnated with Zertz 'solid jelly' inserts that deliver remarkable shock absorbency without the weight penalty we associate with conventional bicycle suspension.
- The Dolce's Women's Endurance geometry combines a steep seat tube angle (74 degree in 51cm size), which puts you 'on top of the cranks' to maximise power output, with a more relaxed 72 degree head tube angle and slightly taller head tube for all-day riding comfort.
- Shimano's Claris 2400 groupset takes care of the gear shifting.
- Shimano Claris is a true STI (Shimano Total Integration) Dual Control setup with finger-operated levers (as opposed of the buttons Shimano employed on previous year's 2300 shifters).
- Claris shifters therefore offer the same familiar action you know and love if you have ever used Shimano Sora, Tiagra, 105, Ultegra or Dura-Ace dual control shifters.
- STI means Shimano Total Integration. The gear shifters are integrated with the brake levers so you can change gear any time without having to remove your hands from the brake lever hoods.
- The Shimano Claris chainset is fitted to a proven-reliable Shimano Octalink splined bottom bracket.
- The 34/50 chainset and the 11-32 cassette offers an extra wide range to help ensure you're in the right gear whether you're sprinting along the flat or climbing steep hills.
- Being a Specialized bike, the Dolce comes with a Specialized Body Geometry Riva Women's Saddle - regularly rated as among the most comfortable available.
- In line with the growing consensus that 25mm wide tyres are not only more comfortable but also faster than 700x23s, the wheels are fitted with Specialized's own Espoir Sport 700x25 tyres with proven BlackBelt puncture protection.
- Axis system-built wheels are a rare-but-welcome sight on such a modestly priced road bike.
- The Specialized Comp shallow drop handlebars are more comfortable for most riders than traditional deeper drop bars.
- Last but not least, taping the bars with their own deluxe Roubaix bar tapeis a perfect example of Specialized's attention to detail.
The Dolce is purpose-built to take you places—both physically and geographically—and make sure you're enjoying the best ride along the way. With a geometry that keeps you comfortable on long rides as you explore your boundaries, and a reliable and efficient components package, the Dolce is the perfect bike to introduce you to the sport or take you to new levels of confidence on your cycling journey.
- The Dolce’s sturdy and reliable A1 Premium Aluminium frame is built with Women’s Endurance Geometry and delivers two important benefits. This geo improves stability and handling giving you confident control when climbing and descending, while also putting you in a less aggressive and more natural ride position. Result? Hours of comfortable riding.
- Agile and responsive FACT carbon fork features Zertz inserts to absorb road roughness and give you a smoother ride.
- Climb with confidence and tackle a wide range of ride conditions with the dependable and affordable Shimano Claris drivetrain with 50/34 crankset.'
|Specialized Dolce 2016|
|FRAME||Specialized A1 Premium Aluminium, Women's Endurance Geometry, women's fully-manipulated tube sets, 1-1/8" lower bearing|
|FORK||Specialized FACT carbon, alloy steerer/crown, Zertz|
|HEADSET||1-1/8", integrated sealed Cr-Mo cartridge bearings, 20mm alloy cone spacer, w/ 20mm spacers|
|STEM||Specialized 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized Comp, short reach|
|TAPE||Specialized Roubaix, w/ bar end plug|
|FRONT BRAKE||Tektro, calliper, dual pivot, long-reach, reach adjust|
|REAR BRAKE||Tektro, calliper, dual pivot, long-reach, reach adjust|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||Shimano Claris 2400, braze-on|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano Claris 2400|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano Claris 2400 STI|
|CASSETTE||Sunrace, 8-speed, 11-32|
|CHAIN||KMC Z51, 8-speed|
|CRANKSET||Shimano Claris, compact, 50/34|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Shimano, Octalink spline|
|PEDALS||Nylon flat test ride, loose-ball, w/ reflectors|
|FRONT WHEEL||AXIS Classic|
|REAR WHEEL||AXIS Classic|
|FRONT TYRE||Specialized Espoir Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x25c|
|REAR TYRE||Specialized Espoir Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x25c|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry Women's Riva Sport, steel rails, 155mm|
|SEATPOST||Specialized Sport, alloy, 2-bolt, 27.2mm|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 31.8mm|
|Pearl Turquoise/Indigo/Silver/Hyper Green||44cm||888818073733|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|