Specialized Diverge Sport A1 '16
- Specialized Diverge Sport A1 adventure road bike
- Shimano Sora 2x9 endurance road bike
- Super-versatile disc brake road bike
|Satin Sterling/Hyper/Cyan||49cm||Now Only £712.50 Was £950.00||In Stock|
|Satin Sterling/Hyper/Cyan||52cm||Now Only £712.50 Was £950.00||In Stock|
Specialized Diverge Sport A1
The Specialized Diverge Sport A1 redefines what you can do on a drop handlebar bike by matching close-to road bike speed potential with the comfort and versatility of a cross/gravel/adventure road bike.
- You can be confident that a Specialized A1 Premium Aluminium alloy frame will be among the lightest, strongest and most accurately built frames around this price.
- Endurance road geometry (72 degree head tube angle x 73.5 degree 54cm frame) with taller head tube makes the Diverge more upright and comfortable for most riders, compared with, say, a full-on Specialized Tarmac-like road bike.
- The short chainstays deliver road bike-like quick acceleration, snappy handling and fast-steering agility.
- Specialized FACT (Functionally Advanced Composite Technology) fork with Zertz / carbon fork legs are a Paris-Roubaix-proven fast track to lightweight comfort.
- Zertz are 'solid jelly' inserts that deliver remarkable shock absorbency without the weight penalty associated with conventional bicycle suspension.
- The frame and fork are mudguard and rack compatible. If you need anything fitted, just ask. Our labour charge is zero if the accessories are ordered at the same time as the bike.
- TRP (Tektro Racing Products) Spyre disc brakes deliver confidence-inspiring all-weather performance.
- Unlike the majority of mechanical disc brakes, which only have one moving piston, TRP Spyre disc brakes have two. Both pistons move equally against the rotor. The result: more consistent and even braking performance, less likelihood of brake rub and less maintenance required.
- 'TRP Spyre mechanical disc brakes are the best non-hydraulic road bike and cyclo-cross stoppers we've used.' road.cc.
- Shimano Sora 2x9 STI gear shifting.
- STI means Shimano Total Integration. The gear shifters are integrated with the brake levers so you can change gear any time without having to take your hands off the brake lever hoods.
- This wide spread of gears (50/34 chainset x 11-32 cassette) makes the Specialized Diverge A1 suitable for the type of challenging varied terrain you would typically encounter at a sportive or similar long-distance ride.
- Being a Specialized bike, the Diverge A1 comes with a Specialized Body Geometry Toupé Saddle - regularly rated as among the most comfortable available.
- Specialized Espoir Sport 700x28 tyres are smooth rolling, comfortably cushioning, and boast effective BlackBelt puncture protection.
- The Specialized Comp shallow drop handlebars are more comfortable for most riders than traditional deeper drop bars.
- Taping the bars with their own deluxe Roubaix bar tapeis a perfect example of Specialized's attention to detail.
'The Diverge Sport A1 is a more than capable exploration machine at an incredible value. It features a responsive and reliable A1 Premium Aluminium frame with a unique bottom bracket height and front rake angle that increase handling confidence. Along with its carbon fork and workhorse Shimano Sora build with mechanical disc brakes, there aren't many roads you won't be able to conquer with this bike.'
|FRAME||Specialized A1 Premium Aluminium, threaded BB|
|FORK||Specialized FACT carbon, alloy steerer/crown, Zertz, post disc mount, Plug + Play fender mount|
|HEADSET||1-1/8", integrated sealed Cr-Mo cartridge bearings, 20mm alloy cone spacer, w/ 20mm spacers|
|STEM||Specialized 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized, shallow drop, alloy, 125mm drop, 70mm short-reach|
|TAPE||Specialized Roubaix, w/ 2.5mm gel pads|
|FRONT BRAKE||Tektro Spyre, mechanical disc, dual pivot|
|REAR BRAKE||Tektro Spyre, mechanical disc, dual pivot|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||Shimano Sora, braze-on|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano Sora|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano Sora STI|
|CASSETTE||Sunrace, 9-speed 11-32t|
|CHAIN||KMC X9, 9-speed, w/ reusable MissingLink|
|CRANKSET||Shimano Sora, 50/34T|
|PEDALS||Nylon, loose ball bearings, w/ reflectors|
|FRONT WHEEL||AXIS Classic Disc, wide|
|REAR WHEEL||AXIS Classic Disc, wide|
|FRONT TYRE||Specialized Espoir Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm|
|REAR TYRE||Specialized Espoir Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm|
|INNER TUBES||Standard, Presta valve|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm|
|SEATPOST||Specialized Sport, alloy, 2-bolt, 27.2mm|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 31.8mm|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|