Specialized Diverge Elite Smartweld '16
- Specialized Diverge Elite Smartweld
- D'Aluisio Smartweld E5 frame
- Lighter weight Specialized Diverge adventure road bike
Specialized Diverge Elite Smartweld
The Specialized Diverge Elite Smartweld is built on an even lighter weight D'Aluisio Smartweld version of Specialized's legendary E5 aluminium frame.
Because it's lighter and smoother performing, this Diverge comes even closer to Specialized's aim of creating a bicycle that redefines what you can do on a drop handlebar bike by matching close-to road bike speed potential with the comfort and versatility of a cross/gravel/adventure road bike.
E5 truly is an elite alloy, Tour tested in France by the likes of Mario Cipollini in the early 2000s. E5 is a unique-to-Specialized alloy of aluminium, silicon, copper, manganese, magnesium and zinc. E5 is more formable than conventional 6061 aluminium. This enables Specialized to specify every inch of tubing so the frame is as light as possible where it can be and strong as required where needs be.
Optimised weld location makes for a more durable, stiffer head tube junction. This process allows Specialized to reduce the frame's weight by using less material without compromising the frames integrity.
More upgrades from Specialized Diverge Sport
- Lighter weight full carbon FACT fork (the Diverge Sport has carbon legs and an alloy steerer).
- The tapered steerer beefs up the front end and helps eradicate the possibility of front brake judder.
- The Shimano Tiagra 2x10 drivetrain is that bit slicker and smoother than Sora.
- More than just mechs and shifters, this drivetrain includes the Shimano Tiagra crankset and oversized bottom bracket to ensure optimal performance.
- The oversized, flex-resistant bottom bracket maximises the E5 frame's power output and drivetrain efficiency.
- Lighter weight Axis 3.0 wheels.
Same as Specialized Diverge Sport
- The Specialized Diverge redefines what you can do on a drop handlebar bike by matching close-to road bike speed potential with the comfort and versatility of a cross/gravel bike.
- Endurance road geometry (72 degree head tube angle x 73.5 degree 54cm frame) with taller head tube makes the Diverge a little more upright and comfortable for most riders, compared with, say, a full-on Specialized Tarmac-like road bike.
- The short chainstays deliver road bike-like quick acceleration, snappy handling and fast-steering agility.
- Specialized FACT (Functionally Advanced Composite Technology) fork with Zertz / carbon fork legs are a Paris-Roubaix-proven fast track to lightweight comfort.
- Zertz are 'solid jelly' inserts that deliver remarkable shock absorbency without the weight penalty associated with conventional bicycle suspension.
- The frame and fork are mudguard and rack compatible. If you need anything fitted, just ask. Our labour charge is zero if the accessories are ordered at the same time as the bike.
- TRP (Tektro Racing Products) Spyre disc brakes deliver confidence-inspiring all-weather performance.
- Unlike the majority of mechanical disc brakes, which only have one moving piston, TRP Spyre disc brakes have two. Both pistons move equally against the rotor. The result: more consistent and even braking performance, less likelihood of brake rub and less maintenance required.
- 'TRP Spyre mechanical disc brakes are the best non-hydraulic road bike and cyclo-cross stoppers we've used.' road.cc.
- Shimano STI gear shifting.
- STI means Shimano Total Integration. The gear shifters are integrated with the brake levers so you can change gear any time without having to take your hands off the brake lever hoods.
- This wide spread of gears (50/34 chainset x 11-32 cassette) makes the Specialized Diverge A1 suitable for the type of challenging varied terrain you would typically encounter at a sportive or similar long-distance ride.
- Being a Specialized bike, the Diverge A1 comes with a Specialized Body Geometry Toupé Saddle - regularly rated as among the most comfortable available.
- Specialized Espoir Sport 700x28 tyres are smooth rolling, comfortably cushioning, and boast effective BlackBelt puncture protection.
- The Specialized Comp shallow drop handlebars are more comfortable for most riders than traditional deeper drop bars.
- Taping the bars with their own deluxe Roubaix bar tapeis a perfect example of Specialized's attention to detail.
' The Diverge Elite Smartweld has everything you need to start going farther than you ever thought possible. With its D'Aluisio Smartweld Technology E5 Premium Aluminium frame that increases stiffness while also improving compliance, no road surface is off-limits. Additionally, its confident and stable handling in varying conditions, along with the reliability of the Shimano Tiagra build, make the Diverge Elite DSW perfectly suited to take your explorations to the next level.'
|FRAME||Specialized E5 Premium Aluminium w/ D'Aluisio Smartweld technology, tapered head tube, OSBB|
|FORK||Specialized FACT carbon w/ Zertz, tapered|
|HEADSET||1-1/8", integrated sealed Cr-Mo cartridge bearings, 20mm alloy cone spacer, w/ 20mm spacers|
|STEM||Specialized 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized, shallow drop, alloy, 125mm drop, 70mm short-reach|
|TAPE||Specialized Roubaix, w/ 2.5mm gel pads|
|FRONT BRAKE||Tektro Spyre, mechanical disc, dual pivot, 160mm rotor|
|REAR BRAKE||Tektro Spyre, mechanical disc, dual pivot, 140mm rotor|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed, braze-on|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed, long cage|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano Tiagra STI, 10-speed|
|CASSETTE||Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed, 11-32t|
|CHAIN||KMC X10, 10-speed, w/ reusable MissingLink|
|CRANKSET||Shimano Tiagra, compact, 50/34T|
|PEDALS||Nylon, loose ball bearings, w/ reflectors|
|FRONT WHEEL||AXIS 3.0 Disc SCS|
|REAR WHEEL||AXIS 3.0 Disc SCS|
|FRONT TYRE||Specialized Espoir Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm|
|REAR TYRE||Specialized Espoir Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm|
|INNER TUBES||Standard, Presta valve|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm|
|SEATPOST||Specialized Sport, alloy, 2-bolt, 27.2mm|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 31.8mm|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|