Specialized Diverge Comp Smartweld '16
- Specialized Diverge Comp Smartweld
- Shimano 785 hydraulic disc brake equipped adventure bike
- Specialized's most highly developed cross/road bike
|Gloss Brushed/Red||56cm||Now Only £1,350.00 Was £1,800.00||In Stock|
Specialized Diverge Comp Smartweld
The Comp version of the Specialized Diverge Smartweld is upgraded with the sharp performance of a 2x11 Shimano 105 drivetrain and the superior control and reliabilty of Shimano 785 hydraulic disc brakes.
As such, this version of the Diverge comes even closer to Specialized's aim to create a bicycle that redefines what you can do on a drop handlebar bike by matching close-to road bike speed potential with the comfort and versatility of a cross/gravel/adventure road bike.
Upgrades from Specialized Diverge Elite Smartweld
- Shimano BR-785 hydraulic disc brakes with Shimano 685 STI levers take stopping power and low-maintenance performance up to the next level.
- These brakes boast Shimano Ice Tech resin pads whose cooling technology makes braking performance more consistent.
- Shimano 105 2x11-speed gear shifting with reach-adjustable levers.
- For performance:price ratio, Shimano 105 is deservedly the world's most popular groupset.
- 120tpi Specialized Roubaix 700 x 25/28 tyres combines the footprint of a 700x25 tyre with the carcass width of a 700x28mm tyre to offer an optimal blend of speed and shock absorption, reinforced with an Endurant casing.
- The Specialized Carbon Comp seatpost further reduces weight and improves comfort.
Why you should consider a bike with high quality hydraulic disc brakes
- Hydraulic disc brakes are mechanically more efficient than cable-operated brakes when it comes to that essential function of bicycle brakes - the pads engage and release more efficiently.
- The braking is more controlled and modulated so you quickly get a feel for the lever pull required whether you need to lightly scrub your speed or come to an emergency stop.
- Another significant factor is that hydraulic hoses, unlike cables, are not prone to fraying, rusting, kinking and breaking. This fundamental difference helps explain why hydraulic brakes require far less maintenance and adjustment than cable-operated brakes.
- Moving the brakes from the mud and rain-attracting wheel rims to the relatively clean hubs make for an improvement in the brakes' all-weather all-conditions performance.
- Disc brake pads are much harder so they last much longer.
- Disc brakes automatically self adjust so the pads move closer to the rotor as they wear down so they require far less maintenance to compensate for brake pad wear.
- Your wheel rims should also last much longer now that they are no longer worn down by the brake pads.
- Hydraulic disc brakes are generally accepted as the best and the most widely adopted improvement in bicycle technology we've seen over the past 15 years.
'Diverge Comp SMARTWELD provides all of the performance and compliance that you'd expect, only in an aluminium option. It features D'Aluisio Smartweld Technology that increases stiffness and compliance through a revolutionary welding process to make it more than capable of handling the road less travelled. And with its unique bottom bracket height and front rake angle, it performs with predictable confidence, while the mix of Shimano 105 provides worry-free and reliable shifting and braking. Looks like it's time to start planning your next adventure.'
|FRAME||Specialized E5 Premium Aluminium w/ D'Aluisio Smartweld technology, tapered head tube, OSBB|
|FORK||Specialized FACT carbon w/ Zertz, tapered|
|HEADSET||1-1/8 upper, 1-1/4" lower, Campy style, crown race, 8mm carbon cone spacer, w/ 20mm of carbon spacers|
|STEM||Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized, shallow drop, alloy, 125mm drop, 70mm short-reach|
|TAPE||Specialized Roubaix, w/ 2.5mm gel pads|
|FRONT BRAKE||Shimano BR-785, hydraulic disc, Ice-Tech resin pads w/ fins|
|REAR BRAKE||Shimano BR-785, hydraulic disc, Ice-Tech resin pads w/ fins|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||Shimano 105, 11-speed|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano 105, 11-speed, long cage|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano 685, 11-speed|
|CASSETTE||Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11-32t|
|CHAIN||KMC X11, 11-speed, w/ reusable MissingLink|
|CRANKSET||FSA Gossamer Pro, BB30, compact, 50/34T|
|PEDALS||Nylon, loose ball bearings, w/ reflectors|
|FRONT WHEEL||AXIS 3.0 Disc SCS|
|REAR WHEEL||AXIS 3.0 Disc SCS|
|FRONT TYRE||Specialized Roubaix Pro, 120TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, Endurant casing, 700x25/28mm|
|REAR TYRE||Specialized Roubaix Pro, 120TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, Endurant casing, 700x25/28mm|
|INNER TUBES||Standard, Presta valve|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm|
|SEATPOST||Specialized Comp Carbon, single bolt|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 31.6mm|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|