Specialized Comp Road Shoe
- Specialized Comp Road Shoe
- First Specialized road shoe with Boa speed-dial closure
- Easiest road shoe to walk in
|Black||40||£95.00||Contact for Availability|
|Black||41||Now Only £95.00 Was £130.00||In Stock|
|Black||42||Now Only £95.00 Was £130.00||In Stock|
|Black||43||Now Only £95.00 Was £130.00||In Stock|
|Black||44||Now Only £95.00 Was £130.00||In Stock|
|Black||45||Now Only £95.00 Was £130.00||In Stock|
|Black||46||Now Only £95.00 Was £130.00||In Stock|
Specialized Comp Road Shoe
The Specialized Comp Road is the first shoe in the Specialized hierarchy with a Boa speed-dial closure, once reserved for Specialized's £200-plus S-Works shoes.
What's more, if you are wary about upgrading to real riding shoes with Look-style cleats because they are challenging to walk in, check the Specialized Comp Road Shoe's sole which has a raised lip at the heel and another under the toes. These raised edges are very discreet yet they effectively minimise cleat contact with the ground when you walk in them. These raised edges are rubber-faced to make them among the most stable and least slippy road shoes you can walk in, yet they won't compromise the shoe's pedaling efficiency.
- Specialized's lightweight Boa S2-SV dial closure offers on-the-fly tunability and dynamic fit.
- Two regular Velcro straps complement the Boa.
- The injection-moulded nylon composite sole is engineered to be moderately stiff.
- This sole registers 6.0 on the Specialized stiffness index.
- The uppers are mostly a smooth, supple, hard wearing synthetic leather, complemented by fast drying mesh panels over the top of the foot.
- The sole takes 3-bolt Look / Shimano SPD-SL-style cleats.
- Please note that cleats don't come supplied with shoes - they come supplied with pedals or as spare parts.
- Eye-catching reflective detail at heel level.
- 560g based upon weighing a pair of size 41 Specialized Comp Road Shoes at Bike Co-op HQ in October 2015.
Specialized BG (Body Geometry) Shoes
Specialized employed Dr Andy Pruitt, renowned U.S. author, sports scientist and national coach, in the development of their Body Geometry range of shoes. BG Shoes boast a special footbed which optimises the foot's position and thus helps eliminate pressure on both the knee and the foot bones when you pedal. It is easy to understand why Specialized BG shoes are the most popular shoes in the pro peloton.
Specialized BG Shoes incorporate 3 Body Geometry elements in their footbeds and the orthotic outsoles.
- The Varus Wedge corrects the foot angle for optimal alignment of the knee and the foot when pedalling.
- The Longitudinal Arch Support does what it says on the shoe box.
- The Metatarsal Button lifts and separates the metatarsal bones (the long bones of the forefoot) to help prevent the compression, numbness, discomfort and hot spots you can experience when riding in traditional cycling shoes, which can be so snug, they compress the nerves and arteries between the metatarsal bones.
'The security and adjustability of our high-end Boa® road shoes, paired with a nylon sole and Body Geometry technology, delivers best-in-class performance and value.'
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|