Specialized Ariel Sport 2017
- Trail-capable commuter bike for women
- Lighter touch, low maintenance hydraulic disc brakes
- Enhanced 2x9 transmission
|Oak Green/Spruce/Powder Green||Extra Small||£600.00||In Stock|
|Oak Green/Spruce/Powder Green||Large||£600.00||In Stock|
|Oak Green/Spruce/Powder Green||Medium||£600.00||In Stock|
|Oak Green/Spruce/Powder Green||Small||£600.00||In Stock|
Specialized Ariel Sport 2017
The Ariel Sport is upgraded with a microSHIFT R9/Shimano Alivio 2x9 drivetrain to create a smoother operating trail-capable commuter bike.
Upgrades over Specialized Ariel Disc
- Smoother gear shifts in a simpler 2x9 format - less likely to require 'double shifting' than a 3x8 set up.
- The 32/44 chainset and 11-36 cassette still offers a wide spread of gears for any rideable terrain.
- The SunTour NEX 55mm-travel fork's Multi-Circuit damping and Brain technology ensure smoother riding in the rough and more efficient climbing on the smooth.
- More cushioning - less bounce.
- The rear hub is genuine Shimano - always a mark of extra quality and longevity.
Same as Specialized Ariel Disc
The Ariel is Specialized's trail-capable commuter bike for women.
If you're looking for a women's bike that works well over the widest spectrum of conditions, with its suspension forks and 700x38 multi-purpose tyres, a Specialized Ariel is well worth considering.
This rugged-but-handsome hybrid comes highly recommended if you want one bike that is nifty in town but won't flinch if you point it in the direction of gravelly tracks.
This Specialized Ariel is built on a women's-specific diamond frame - i.e. its shorter top tube positions the handlebars within easier reach for the majority of women, compared with the equivalent unisex model, the Specialized Crosstrail.
- Tektro Flow Disc Brakes - why you want hydraulic disc brakes - blog.
- The Specialized A1 Premium Aluminium women's-specific compact frame makes for a lightweight confidence-inspiring ride over any ridable terrain.
- The frame and fork have mudguard and rack eyelets plus a kickstand mount. If you need anything fitted to the Specialized Ariel just ask when you order the bike and we will waive our standard fitting charge.
- SunTour Nex suspension forks make the Specialized Ariel fit for entry-level mountain biking or everyday cobble-bashing.
- The fork's travel can be locked out via a dial on the fork leg.
- Specialized Trigger Sport 700x38c tyres with reflective sidewalls for extra safety on double-wall alloy rims ensure sound performance on road and off.
'Specialized Ariel Sport
The Ariel Sport Disc will see you tackling workouts on paved or dirt surfaces with equal confidence, and you'll look good while doing it. Its hard-working component package is paired with the ever-reliable A1 aluminium frame, featuring the added peace-of-mind disc brakes provide. With a Women's Fitness Geometry designed to keep you comfortable while you're burning up the miles, and features that are as versatile as they are efficient, you'll find yourself consistently needing to set new goals to achieve in your fitness quest.
- Designed for women who want to mix adventure with fitness, the hard-working, sturdy A1 SL Premium aluminium frame features our Women’s Fitness Geometry—meaning that you’ll go faster with maximum efficiency, only without the discomfort of an aggressive ride position. The more comfortable you are, the longer you’ll ride.
- An SR Suntour NEX fork w/ Fitness Brain technology features 55mm of coil-sprung travel that takes the sting out of bumpy terrain, while our Fitness Brain technology promotes more climbing and pedaling efficiency.
- Braking duties are handled by Tektro Flow Set Control hydraulic disc brakes to ensure effective, consistent, and reliable power through any kind of terrain or condition.'
|Specialized Ariel Sport 2017|
|FRAME||Specialized A1 SL Premium Aluminum, Fitness Geometry, fully-manipulated butted tubing, internal cable routing, flat mount disc, rack & Plug + Play mounts|
|FORK||SR Suntour NEX w/Specialized Fitness Brain technology, 55mm of travel, 1-1/8" steerer, 9mm QR|
|FRONT HUB||Specialized Center Lock, loose ball bearings, 32h, 9mm QR|
|REAR HUB||Shimano Center Lock disc, 8-/9-/10-speed freehub, 135mm axle, 32h|
|RIMS||700c disc, 6061 aluminum double-wall|
|INNER TUBES||OE PV standard Bulk Road 700, 28-38x622, Presta, 48mm valve|
|FRONT TIRE||Trigger Sport Reflect, 700x38mm, 60TPI, wire bead|
|REAR TIRE||Trigger Sport Reflect, 700x38mm, 60TPI, wire bead|
|CRANKSET||FSA Alpha Drive, forged 6061 aluminum|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||FSA BB-7420ST|
|SHIFT LEVERS||microSHIFT MTB, 9-speed|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||microSHIFT, 31.8mm clamp, 9-speed, MTB double|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano Alivio, Shadow design, SGS cage, 9-speed|
|CASSETTE||Sunrace, 9-speed, 11-36t|
|CHAIN||KMC X9, 9-speed w/reusable MissingLink|
|FRONT BRAKE||Tektro Flow Set Control, hydraulic disc, metal pads, post mount, 160mm rotor|
|REAR BRAKE||Tektro Flow Set Control, hydraulic disc, metal pads, post mount, 160mm rotor|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized, double-butted alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 31.8mm|
|GRIPS||Body Geometry Flow Set Control Grips, lock-on|
|STEM||3D forged aluminum, 7-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp|
|SADDLE||Aldia Sport, steel rails, 155mm|
|SEATPOST||Alloy, 2-bolt, 12.5mm offset, 27.2mm|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 31.8mm|
|PEDALS||Specialized Fitness platform|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|