Specialized Ariel 2017
- Trail-capable commuter bike for women
- Diamond frame with extra stepover
- Suntour suspension fork with lockout
|Tarmac Black / Nearly Black / Pink||Extra Small||£400.00||To be Ordered|
|Tarmac Black / Nearly Black / Pink||Large||£400.00||To be Ordered|
|Tarmac Black / Nearly Black / Pink||Medium||£400.00||To be Ordered|
Specialized Ariel 2017
The Ariel is Specialized's trail-capable commuter bike for women.
If you're looking for a women's bike that works well over the widest spectrum of conditions, with its suspension forks and 700x38 multi-purpose tyres, a Specialized Ariel is well worth considering.
This rugged-but-handsome hybrid comes highly recommended if you want one bike that is nifty in town but won't flinch if you point it in the direction of gravelly tracks.
This Specialized Ariel is built on a women's-specific diamond frame - i.e. its shorter top tube positions the handlebars within easier reach for the majority of women, compared with the equivalent unisex model, the Specialized Crosstrail.
- The Specialized A1 Premium Aluminium women's-specific compact frame makes for a lightweight confidence-inspiring ride over any ridable terrain.
- The frame and fork have mudguard and rack eyelets plus a kickstand mount. If you need anything fitted to the Specialized Ariel just ask when you order the bike and we will waive our standard fitting charge.
- SunTour Nex suspension forks make the Specialized Ariel fit for entry-level mountain biking or everyday cobble-bashing.
- The fork's 60mm travel can be locked out via a dial on the fork leg.
- Proven reliable alloy V-brakes and Shimano Altus 3x8 Rapidfire gear shifting help ensure smooth, reliable performance.
- Specialized Trigger Sport 700x38c tyres with reflective sidewalls for extra safety on double-wall alloy rims ensure sound performance on road and off.
Take your fitness to new and adventurous levels with the Ariel, a bike that'll see you tackling workouts on paved or dirt paths with equal confidence and control. It features a light and tough A1 SL Premium aluminium frame that's been designed with our Women's Fitness Geometry with an ultra-low standover, so it will fit and feel like a dream right out of the box. Not stopping there, we also included a custom suspension fork that takes the sting out of bumpy terrain, a host of women's-specific components that increase comfort, fit, and performance, and hassle-free V-brakes that'll see you spending more time riding and less time bleeding your brakes. Put it all together, and you have a purpose-built bike that's bent on giving you the perfect ride, whether it's on the dirt or on the road.
- Designed for women who want to mix adventure with fitness, the hard-working, sturdy A1 Premium Aluminium frame features Women’s Fitness Geometry—meaning you’ll go fast with maximum efficiency, but without the discomfort of an aggressive ride position. The more comfortable you are, the longer you’ll ride.
- Enjoy greater control over varying terrain thanks to the custom, easy-adjust, Multi-Circuit Damping fork with 60mm of travel, tuned for lighter riders.
- V-brakes provide reliable stopping power and hassle-free maintenance, so you'll be able to spend more time riding and less time bleeding those brakes.'
|Specialized Ariel 2017|
|FRAME||Specialized A1 SL Premium Aluminum, Fitness Geometry, rack & Plug + Play mounts|
|FORK||SR Suntour NEX, aluminum V-brake lower, coil spring, hydraulic lock-out w/Multi-Circuit Damping, 60mm of travel|
|FRONT HUB||Specialized, loose ball bearings, 32h, 9mm QR|
|REAR HUB||Specialized, loose ball bearings, 8-/9-speed cassette body, 32h, 9mm QR|
|RIMS||700c, 6061 aluminum double-wall|
|INNER TUBES||SPECIALIZED SV STANDARD BULK ROAD|
|FRONT TIRE||Trigger Sport Reflect, 700x38mm, 60TPI, wire bead|
|REAR TIRE||Trigger Sport Reflect, 700x38mm, 60TPI, wire bead|
|CRANKSET||Stout, forged alloy|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||BSA, square taper, cartridge bearings|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano EF500, EZ Fire Plus, 8-speed|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||Shimano Tourney, top swing, for 7-/8-speed 31.8mm clamp|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano Altus, 8-speed|
|CASSETTE||Sunrace, 8-speed, 11-34t|
|CHAIN||KMC X8, 8-speed w/reusable MissingLink|
|FRONT BRAKE||V-brake, alloy, linear pull|
|REAR BRAKE||V-brake, alloy, linear pull|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized, double-butted alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 31.8mm|
|GRIPS||Body Geometry Flow Set Control Grips, lock-on|
|STEM||3D forged aluminum, 7-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp|
|SADDLE||Aldia Sport, steel rails, 155mm|
|SEATPOST||Alloy, 2-bolt, 12.5mm offset, 27.2mm|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 31.8mm|
|PEDALS||Specialized Fitness platform|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|