Specialized Allez '16
- Specialized Allez
- E5 elite alloy road bike
- Specialized FACT carbon forks
|Tarmac Black/White/Red||56cm||Phone 0131 331 5010 for exclusive in-store offers||In Stock|| |
|Tarmac Black/White/Red||58cm||Phone 0131 331 5010 for exclusive in-store offers||In Stock|| |
Every Specialized Allez adult road bike is built on an E5 frame. Given that a Specialized E5 frame once retailed at around £600 on its own, this is great news for anybody looking for a best buy in road bikes.
Specialized E5 Alloy
E5 truly is an elite alloy. Tour tested in France by, for instance, Mario Cipollini in the early 2000s, E5 is a unique-to-Specialized alloy of aluminium, silicon, copper, manganese, magnesium and zinc. E5 is more formable than conventional 6061 aluminium. This enables Specialized to specify every inch of tube so the frame is as light as possible where it can be and strong as possible where needs be.
The E5-frame Allez is the latest example of what Specialized do best. That is, more than any other bicycle manufacturer, Specialized have made their name by creating some of the world's best high-end bikes and then making that technology (proven at the highest level of bicycle racing by the likes of Vincenzo Nibali) available to us regular riders.
- E5 Premium aluminium tubing makes this one of the best proven alloy road bike frames on the market.
- Classic, proven road frame geometry (73.5-degree seat tube angle x 73-degree head tube angle for 54cm frame) for optimal comfort and performance.
- Specialized FACT carbon forks match comfort with performance.
- Shimano Claris 2400 groupset delivers precise 2x8 gear shifting over a wide range of gears via its 34/50 Shimano Claris chainset and its 11-32 cassette.
- Shimano Claris is a true STI (Shimano Total Integration) Dual Control setup with finger-operated levers - the action is similar to Shimano's proven Sora, Tiagra, 105, Ultegra and Dura-Ace shifters.
- STI means Shimano Total Integration. The gear shifters are integrated with the brake levers so you can change gear any time without having to take your hands off the brake lever hoods.
- This gearing makes the Specialized Allez suitable for the type of challenging varied terrain you would typically encounter at a sportive or similar long-distance ride.
- Being a Specialized bike, the Allez comes with a Specialized Body Geometry Toupé Saddle - regularly rated as among the most comfortable available.
- In line with the growing consensus that 25mm wide tyres are not only more comfortable but also faster than 700x23s, the wheels are fitted with Specialized's own Espoir Sport 700x25 tyres with BlackBelt puncture protection.
- Specialized Axis system-built wheels are a rare-but-welcome sight on such a modestly priced road bike.
- The Specialized Comp shallow drop handlebars are more comfortable for most riders than traditional deeper drop bars.
- Taping the bars with their own deluxe S-Wrap bar tape is a perfect example of Specialized's attention to detail.
- Tektro caliper brakes borrow Shimano's Dual Pivot technology to deliver consistent, low-maintenance, modulated braking performance.
'The Allez E5 has everything you need to get out on the road and start going fast. With its E5 Premium Aluminium frame featuring fully manipulated tubing, coupled with a reliable Shimano value build, it's an awesome option for newer riders looking to increase their performance.'
|Specialized Allez 2016|
|Frame:||Specialized E5 Premium Aluminium, fully-manipulated tubing w/ smooth welds, 1-1/8" lower bearing|
|Fork:||Specialized FACT carbon legs, alloy crown/steerer|
|Rear hub:||AXIS Classic|
|Front hub:||AXIS Classic|
|Tyres:||Specialized Espoir Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x25mm|
|Shift levers:||Shimano Claris 2400 STI 2x8|
|Front mech:||Shimano Claris|
|Rear mech:||Shimano Claris|
Sunrace, 8-speed, 11-32t
|Chain:||KMC Z7, 8-speed, w/ reusable MissingLink|
|Crankset:||Shimano Claris, 50/34T|
|Bottom bracket:||Shimano, Octalink spline|
|Seatpost:||Specialized Sport, alloy, 2-bolt, 27.2mm|
|Saddle:||Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm|
|Handlebar:||Specialized, shallow drop, alloy, 125mm drop, 70mm short-reach|
|Stem:||Specialized 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|Front brakes:||Tektro, calliper, dual pivot, short reach|
|Rear brakes:||Tektro, calliper, dual pivot, short reach|
|Brake levers:||Shimano Claris|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|