Solo RT Winter Jacket
- Solo RT Winter Jacket
- The perfect cool-weather cycling jacket
- Waterproof-faced for all-weather comfort
|Black||Medium||Our Price £74.99 RRP £149.99||In Stock|
Solo RT Winter Jacket
The epitome of form follows function, the Solo RT Winter Jacket is indeed an exceptional cycling jacket for cooler conditions.
The off-centre zip makes a lot of sense on a jacket with a high collar (as a cycling top should be). Shifting the zip allows Solo to create a taller, more snug-fitting collar that won't impose uncomfortable pressure on the Adam's apple. The off-centre zip also helps create a smoother fitting top - think biker jacket - that won't crease along the zip line.
The fabric is 90% soft mildy-fleecy polyester mixed with 10% elastane for a comfortable stretch fit that is form fitting but non-constricting.
Although it doesn't claim to be 100% waterproof, the Solo RT Winter Jacket windproof/waterproof front panels will keep the rain at bay on most occasions. The benefit of not proofing the back of the jacket is that it's more breathable so you won't get in such a sweat when cycling uphill.
This makes the Solo RT Winter Jacket a perfect spring/autumn jacket too - perhaps worn over just a base layer. You can always add an extra layer in the depths of winter.
- The Solo RT Winter Jacket's 90% polyester/10% elastane fabric should never get in a flap.
- Windproof/waterproof panels on the front of the jacket, the front of the sleeves and the shoulders ward of cold shows and headwinds.
- Off-centre, lined, rain-resistant zip with zipper garage at neckline.
- A 25mm wide retro-reflective stripe stretches across the chest and extends down the front of both arms.
- The effective reflective theme continues on the back of the jacket with retro-reflective piping across the back, just below the shoulder blades - again extending down the back of both arms.
- The elasticated knitted cuffs and waist keep the jacket in place in a casual but effective style.
- Each of the jacket's three large rear pockets is topped with reflective piping as is the zipped security pocket on the outside of the right-hand rear pocket.
- All these rear pockets are waterproof lined to help keep the contents dry.
- The jacket's fifth pocket pocket is cleverly concealed - it can only be accessed by a discreet zip on the RH hem - so it might be the perfect place to stash an emergency bank card or fiver.
- Machine wash cold.
- 600g based upon weighing a large Solo RT Winter Jacket at Bike Co-op HQ in September 2015.
'As ever with Solo, the RT Winter Jacket stands out for its attention to detail. Like all Solo garments, the Retro-tech winter jacket has everything you need and nothing you don’t. It’s perfect for cold weather training and racing with a close-fit cut and a range of features designed to keep you warm and comfortable.'
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|