Solo Equipe Jersey
- Solo Equipe Jersey
- Merino Perform long sleeve cycling top
- Wind and rain-resistant jersey/jacket
|Black||Large||Our Price £59.99 RRP £119.99||In Stock|
|Black||Medium||Our Price £59.99 RRP £119.99||In Stock|
|White||Large||Our Price £59.99 RRP £119.99||In Stock|
|White||Medium||Our Price £59.99 RRP £119.99||In Stock|
Solo Equipe Jersey
The Solo Equipe is one of the most beautiful and one of the most substantial Merino wool cycling jerseys we've ever seen.
The heavier wind and rain-resistant fabric puts it in the jersey/jacket category of clothing. That is, you could wear it on its own over a base layer when it's cool, or as a mid layer when it's cold.
For all its delightful retro details such as the contrast white button on the top of each of the two back pockets, Solo are happy to introduce intelligent 21st Century features such as a subtle but effective reflective stripe on both sides of the full-length front zip.
- The Merino Perform fabric is 55% merino wool / 45% polyester.
- Blending Merino with synthetic fibres helps create a more durable jersey that's easier to look after (it's machine washable at 40 degrees).
- The Solo Equipe Jersey retains merino wool's key qualities:
- It's very comfortable to wear over a wide range of temperatures.
- It's far more odour resistant than 100% synthetic jerseys.
- The 100% merino wool striped knitted wrist and neck bands feel great and look just right.
- In homage to classic jerseys, the Solo logo is in flocked lettering.
- Two button-fastened rear pockets.
- Full-length reflective zip.
- The full-length zip makes it easy to fine tune your personal air conditioning. Another benefit of the full zip is that it makes it easier to slip the jersey on or off. That can be important. For instance, you come home from a hard ride. You’re pretty knackered. Would you prefer to persuade a tight pullover over your head? Or would you rather simply unzip and step into the shower?
'Solo Équipe jersey
Our aim when designing the Solo Équipe jersey was to create an iconic jersey that will become a favourite piece of cycle clothing. Tailored from 'Merino Perform' fabric, the Équipe jersey is wind and water resistant on the outside with luxurious Merino Wool next to the skin. A bold central contrast stripe highlights the cool Solo logo created in flocking. On the back are two large button-fastened pockets - true retro style. The knitted wrist and neck bands are merino wool. A quality full-length reflective zip completes the jersey. Designed primarily for use on the bike, the Solo Équipe jersey looks great off the bike too!'
And this is the Solo story.
'Solo cycle clothing was born from my dissatisfaction with the style of contemporary cycle clothing. While I had a deep respect for modern pro-cyclists, I didn’t particularly admire the ‘moving billboard’ look of modern team kit. What I did love was the clothing worn by the pro-riders of the 1950's - 1970's. These were simple and powerful designs which demonstrated that less is more. Talking with my friends and cycling acquaintances made me realise there were other cyclists who felt the same.
I searched for clothing that had the same flair and emotion I saw in the vintage jerseys. The choice seemed to be either replica kits and original wool or wool/acrylic jerseys. The replica team kits seemed to lose so much in the translation to modern garments, while the original wool jerseys looked great but weren’t very practical for daily riding.
At the time I had a graphic design business, but there was a nagging feeling that there must be more to life than designing brand identities for other companies. I guess you could call it a mid-life crisis... So I took the plunge and decided to combine my experience in the design industry with my love of cycling and create something special: a range of cycle clothing inspired by the great riders, grand tours, equipment and cycling culture of that golden era. The clothing had to be functional and well constructed but more importantly, it had to make you feel great. The decision was made and one year later, in August 2005, Solo was born. Since day one our mission remains the same: to produce the most beautiful cycle clothing in the world.
Solo clothing has now been purchased by cyclists in over 50 countries and we’re steadily increasing the network of retailers selling Solo worldwide. We’ve made a lot of new friends since we started – one of the most gratifying aspects of the business – and we value the feedback we get from our customers and cycling friends. Knowing that people all over the world are enjoying riding their bikes while wearing Solo is immensely satisfying to us.
A big thanks to all of you who have purchased Solo clothing.'
Paul Mason – founder, Solo Cycle Clothing.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|