Solo CC Jersey
- Solo CC Jersey
- A better designed cycling jersey
- Cycling top available in great choice of colours
|Black/Red||Medium||Our Price £34.99 RRP £69.99||In Stock (2 To 3 Days)|
|Orange/Blue||Small||Our Price £34.99 RRP £69.99||In Stock|
Solo CC Jersey
Solo pay homage to the cycling jerseys of the 1950s through to the 70's. The classic era from Coppi to Merckx via Anquetil.
Rather than simply creating replica models, each Solo jersey is a fresh design using the latest fast-drying fabrics (which are a real improvement on many of the fabrics of yore) and employing a truly vibrant palette of colours.
To our eyes, Solo jerseys are quiet simply some of the best tops we have had the pleasure to offer.
- The 100% polyester BREATHE fabric feels silky soft against the skin.
- Its ability to transfer moisture helps keep you dry and comfortable
- The fabric is perforated to enhance its breathability.
- The tailored side panel makes for an exceptionally comfortable fit.
- Customised Solo silicone elastic grippers on the lower hem stop the Solo CC Jersey riding up.
- The three open rear pockets are elasticated at the top to keep your valuables safe.
- A zipped pocket on the outside of the right hand pocket keeps your phone, or the like, even safer.
- The reflective strip running along the bottom, beneath all three rear pockets, is perfectly placed to get you noticed.
- The soft lycra striped arm bands contribute to the clean non-flap fit.
- The full-length zip makes it easy to fine tune your personal air conditioning. Another benefit of the full zip is that it makes it easier to slip the jersey on or off. That can be important. For instance, you come home from a hard ride. You’re pretty knackered. Would you prefer to persuade a tight pullover over your head? Or would you rather simply unzip and step into the shower?
This is how Solo describe this very fine jersey.
'In response to customer demand for a Solo branded short sleeve jersey we are proud to introduce the Solo CC jersey. Featuring a large Solo logo front and rear, the CC jersey comes in 3 colourways. Designed to be a everyday ‘go-to’ jersey for both training and racing, the fit is more of a ‘race’ fit compared to the ‘club’ fit of the Solo Classique jersey. The Solo CC jersey is constructed from BREATHE™ – a functional fabric especially designed for the rigours of cycling. Moisture is drawn away from the skin and rapidly dispersed via the perforated outer surface which is designed to aid airflow. Body temperature is thus regulated ensuring you remain cool, dry and comfortable. BREATHE™ fabric wicks moisture, is easy to care for, is lightweight and quick drying and has an anti-bacterial treatment to minimise odour.
Other features include a quality full length zip, soft lycra arm bands for comfort and a side panel construction for a great fit. Storage is provided via 3 large elasticated rear pockets and one smaller zipped rear pocket – big enough for most phones and keys/credit card. Solo’s attention to detail is in evidence throughout the jersey from the bespoke zipper pulls and CC chest label through to bar tack stitching on the rear pockets and a branded silicon elastic waistband.'
'Solo cycle clothing was born from my dissatisfaction with the style of contemporary cycle clothing. While I had a deep respect for modern pro-cyclists, I didn’t particularly admire the ‘moving billboard’ look of modern team kit. What I did love was the clothing worn by the pro-riders of the 1950's - 1970's. These were simple and powerful designs which demonstrated that less is more. Talking with my friends and cycling acquaintances made me realise there were other cyclists who felt the same.
I searched for clothing that had the same flair and emotion I saw in the vintage jerseys. The choice seemed to be either replica kits and original wool or wool/acrylic jerseys. The replica team kits seemed to lose so much in the translation to modern garments, while the original wool jerseys looked great but weren’t very practical for daily riding.
At the time I had a graphic design business, but there was a nagging feeling that there must be more to life than designing brand identities for other companies. I guess you could call it a mid-life crisis... So I took the plunge and decided to combine my experience in the design industry with my love of cycling and create something special: a range of cycle clothing inspired by the great riders, grand tours, equipment and cycling culture of that golden era. The clothing had to be functional and well constructed but more importantly, it had to make you feel great. The decision was made and one year later, in August 2005, Solo was born. Since day one our mission remains the same: to produce the most beautiful cycle clothing in the world.
Solo clothing has now been purchased by cyclists in over 50 countries and we’re steadily increasing the network of retailers selling Solo worldwide. We’ve made a lot of new friends since we started – one of the most gratifying aspects of the business – and we value the feedback we get from our customers and cycling friends. Knowing that people all over the world are enjoying riding their bikes while wearing Solo is immensely satisfying to us.
A big thanks to all of you who have purchased Solo clothing.'
Paul Mason – founder, Solo Cycle Clothing.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|