Shimano Ultegra PD-6700 SPD-SL Pedals
The carbon body makes for a super classy pair of top-end SPD-SL pedals for bicycle road racing.
- The stainless steel pedal body plate at the cleat contact zone prevents the carbon body wearing prematurely.
- The wide carbon body and wide cleats makes for a large shoe contact area to maximise power transfer and support.
- Shimano's low profile SPD-SL design offers maximum road clearance when cornering.
- Low 10.7mm pedal body height, from axle centre to cleat contact surface, enhances the illusion of pure connection with the bike and hence, pedalling efficiency.
- The pedal's open design and large binding target facilitates fast trouble-free engagement.
- Sealed cartridge bearings for smooth-spinning and low maintenance. Weight: 256 grams per pair (plus 74g for the pair of cleats supplied) based on weighing a set of these pedals at Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op's head office in November 2011).