Revolution V-Brake Pads
|Black/Red||Now Only £2.49 Was £4.99||In Stock|
Revolution V-Brake Pads
Quality brake pads in Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op's Revolution Red/Black/Silver colour scheme.
- Very easy to fit - simply secure the pad's polished steel Allen bolt to the V-brake calliper with a 5mm Allen key
- Supplied with 5 shaped washers to help fine tune fit and toe-in.
- Concave washers facilitates 'towing in' the pad so the front of the pad makes contact with the rim before the rear.
- Toe-ing in the pads helps prevent brake squeal.
- The pads are shaped to follow the arc of the rim.
- All-weather Aqua-Glide pad compound - the pads are serrated and grooved to accelerate water and heat dispersal.
- Not cartridge pad style - each pad is a simple, reliable one-piece brake block with the threaded stud and the pad moulded together.
- Approx pad size where it hits rim: 62 x 9mm.
- 56g per pair.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|Submit a review|
|I hadn't realized just how good these pads are in the wet until I recently replaced the front pair with some standard pads. First time out in the rain and the reduction in breaking was so different. Dropped one point as I had to do that change a bit sooner than I'd hoped.|
|Fitted these to my Scott Hybrid some time ago now to replace some Gooeys.I've now ridden in various weather conditions and have to say these are the best pads I've ever fitted. They do not appear to be wearing down excessively quickly (certainly less so than Clarkes or the Gooeys) and are very reliable in the wet. They are an absolute bargain and even look good! The service from EBC was excellent and I'll definitely be getting some more when the time comes.|
|You never see brake pads advertised on the TV with Edinburgh Staff pulling off their T-shirts to reveal digitally enhanced 6 packs and pecs the size of 29ers. Yet they are vital to the modern bike. I bought two sets of Revolution V-Brake pads for my wife's bike before out recent C2C trip. Fitting was straight forward. The trip was very wet.There were no complaints about the stopping power of the bike all trip. After 200 miles including the trip and Pennine training the brakes need adjusting but still function and I am still married|