Revolution Hybrid 3 Women's '16
- Revolution Hybrid 3 Women's
- Our most upright comfort bike
- Enjoy the ride
|Black||16"||Now Only £199.00 Was £299.00 Then £249.00||In Stock|
Revolution Hybrid 3 Women's '16
If cycling in comfort for you means sitting upright, check out the Revolution Hybrid 3.
Riding with your head up and with your hands on the swept-back high handlebars helps prevent straining the back of the neck
Sure, this is never going to be the most aerodynamic riding position but if you like to pedal along enjoying the scenery, riding the Revolution Hybrid 3 can be a joy.
- The step-through 7005 Series Aluminium frame invites you to hop onto this bike whenever the fancy takes you.
- The high, swept-back handlebars encourage you to ride upright and relaxed in a 'surveying the manor' kind of style.
- With its extra long 18cm quill, the traditional handlebar stem offers a level of height adjustment no modern clamp-on stem can manage.
- The elastomer-sprung saddle is made for cushioned comfort.
- The Shimano 7-speed Revo twist-shift lever makes it easy to select from a wide range (14-34 megarange freewheel) of gears.
- The chromoplastic aluminium-reinforced nylon mudguards are light, strong and they guard your clothes against splatter.
- The rear rack takes panniers, a rack packor a bungeedlunch box.
Revolution Bikes - what's new for 2016?
Revolution bikes have always been about making quality bikes more affordable.
We have taken this philosophy to another level for 2016 by simplifying the range yet making it better.
We've achieved this alchemy by taking away the superfluous, then putting the money back into the essentials.
Frame and Fork
As with any bike we start with the frame and fork.
- 7005-series aluminium alloy frame. This alloy frame helps make the bike light enough to ride uphill without too much effort. Even if you're only moderately fit. Yet it's built strong and true so it comes with a lifetime warranty.
- 7005 aluminium is one of the strongest alloys used in bicycle frame construction, so it can be safely built thinner walled and lighter weight.
- The rigid steel fork is stronger than any carbon fork, it's lighter than any suspension fork and it will never require servicing.
Fewer Frame Decals
The more transfers and stickers we request on a frame, the higher the cost. That's why we reduced the number of frame decals to the minimum required to register the bike's CE-compliance and to remind you of the bike model's name when admirers ask.
Good enough for Henry Ford
Every adult Revolution 2016 bike has exactly the same matt black paint finish. Again, this saves on costs, compared with offering a choice of colours.
Better still, the factory paint shop told us that this particular shade (called 30% matt black) adheres to frame tubing better than any other and that it's less likely to mark or chip, making it the hardest-wearing finish they offer.
A side benefit of going for a sober utilitarian finish, rather than bling, is that it's less likely to attract the attention of opportunist bike thieves.
Feedback from our shops' service departments informs us that wheel repairs and replacements are among the most common fixes required - especially on less expensive (sub-£600) bikes.
To ensure maximum wheel longevity, our Revolution Hybrid wheels are built with 36 spokes, making the rim more capable of taking a pothole hit than a wheel with fewer spokes.
While our bikes are used for all types of riding from day trips to charity rides to tours, we know that a Revolution bike is most often used as an everyday workhorse for getting around the towns, cities and villages where most of us live. Given that easily-removable bike parts do get knicked, it made sense for us to do away with quick release levers. Knowing your wheels are secured with track nuts, which require a spanner to remove, makes you feel that bit more confident about leaving your bike locked up outside.
- In line with the growing consensus that wider tyres are a blessing for most riders (more on this) our Hybrid bikes are shod with name-brand Kenda 700x35 tyres.
- Wider than road bike tyres, slimmer and smoother rolling than mountain bike tyres, 700x35 tyres help create the perfect all-rounder bike that can offer speed potential on good roads, grip on dirt roads and cushioning on cobbles.
Frequently spotted on 4-figure bikes, we know Tektro brakes to be sound and reliable so we spec them on every Revolution bike. The Hybrid's Tektro V-brakes work well and are easy to adjust.
Revolution might be our house brand, but we can reassure you that we go to great lengths to make our bikes as standardised as possible.
That's why the comfortable DKK saddle is fitted to the most common size of micro-adjust alloy seatpost - 27.2mm diameter. That's why the fork steerer/headset is also the most common size - one and an eighth inch (28.6mm) diameter. That's why the frame's 68mm bottom bracket shell is threaded to take a regular bottom bracket. That way if you do have to swap, replace or upgrade a part in years to come, we're confident you'll be able to source it from near-any bicycle shop with minimum fuss.
|Revolution Hybrid 3 Women's|
|Frame||Strongman 7005 aluminium alloy|
|Fork||Strongman hi-tensile steel with 1-1/8" threaded steerer|
|Stem||HL steel 180mm quill. 80mm extension|
|Handlebar||HL steel riser bar, black, 26mm rise, 33 degree backsweep, 25.4mm centre, 59cm wide|
|Grips||Velo Kraton rubber|
|Saddle||DDK comfort saddle on Kalloy 350x27.2mm micro-adjust seatpost|
|Brakes||Tektro 837 V-brakes - forged aluminium|
|Brake Levers||Tektro CL331 alloy V-brake|
|Rims||Strongman 36h single-wall alloy rims|
|Front Hub||Formula alloy with track nuts|
|Rear Hub||Formula alloy, threaded for freewheel and track nuts|
|Tyres||Kenda K189 700x38|
Prowheel 112 w/ 42t steel chainring, 170mm alloy crankarms. Full chainguard
|Bottom Bracket||Square Taper, Semi-Cartridge Bearings|
|Pedals||Wellgo w/boron steel axle and nylon body|
|Rear Mech||Shimano RD-TY300 Tourney|
|Gear Shifter||Shimano SL RS36 1x6 Revo twist-shift|
|Shimano 6-speed, 14-34t|
|Mudguards||3/4-length chromoplastic mudguards with stainless steel stays|
|Carrier||Standwell SW-CA012 aluminium alloy rack with black powder coat|
|Weight||14.1kg based on weighing an 18-inch Revolution Hybrid 3 without pedals|
|Be aware that bicycle specifications can change without notice so please regard our published weights as an honest but approximate guide.|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|