Revolution Country Traveller '13
- Contender for Best Value Touring Bike in the UK.
- ‘It’s rather obvious that the Revolution is a better bike.' Cycle magazine.
- 7005 aluminium alloy compact geometry frame.
|Midnight Blue||46cm||£499.99||In Stock|
|Midnight Blue||49cm||£499.99||In Stock|
|Midnight Blue||52cm||£499.99||In Stock|
|Midnight Blue||55cm||£499.99||In Stock|
|Midnight Blue||58cm||£499.99||In Stock|
Revolution Country Traveller‘It’s rather obvious that the Revolution is a better bike.' Cycle magazine.
360° viewer of Revolution Country Traveller
Rotate bicycle through a full 360 degrees with your finger or by clicking and dragging.
When Cycle (the CTC magazine) tested our Country Traveller against one of the few other £500 tourers on the market, they concluded:
‘It’s rather obvious that the Revolution is a better bike. For a start it’s lighter - a lot lighter. Some say weight doesn’t matter on tour. I disagree, and besides tourers should be versatile.’ Cycle magazine. December 2011/January 2012.
See full review.
In response to requests from customers looking for a Country Traveller frame that was shorter in both reach and stepover height, for 2013, this versatile lightweight touring bike is available in 2 new sizes, 46 & 49cm, to complement the existing 52, 55 and 58cm sizes.
- The 7005 aluminium alloy frame's compact geometry resists flex, even when the bike is heavily laden with panniers.
- The compact geometry also lowers the bike's centre of gravity and contributes to the Revolution Country's stable feel, making it perfect for long days on the road.
- Both the alloy frame and the steel fork boast a full complement of bosses and eyelets for fitting mudguards and racks.
- Full chromoplastic mudguards and alloy rear rack come fitted.
- The CST 700 x 32 Kevlar Inside tyres boasts the kind of sure-footed, puncture-resistant yet pacey ride we once believed was the preserve of the best German tyre companies.
- The tyres are fitted to good reliable wheels built with Revolution Touring double-wall machined rims on Shimano hubs (cassette rear) so you can be confident you'll never suffer a broken axle.
- Shimano 2303 Dual Control shifters integrate the 3x8 gear levers with the brake levers. This allows you to change gear without taking your hands off the brake hoods, hence no loss of control or momentum. When changing gear is this simple, it becomes as unconscious as taking breath. And when changing gear becomes no big deal, you're more likely to ride in the right one.
- The SunTour touring chainset with 26/36/48 chainrings offers a tremendous range of gears when matched with the 11-32t Shimano 8-speed cassette.
- The 42cm-wide Kalloy alloy 31.8mm-centre bars are wrapped in comfy shock-damping gel-cushioned Velo cork tape.
- Fitted with chromoplastic mudguards and stable, steel, 4-point-fitting pannier rack.
- The deluxe Selle Royale Viper saddle is fitted to a quality 350x27.2mm industry-standard micro-adjustable seatpost.
- Approximate Weight: 14.8kg (based upon weighing one example of this bike. We weigh the whole bike as you would receive it with pedals reflectors and bell - items many bike companies remove before weighing their bicycles. Weights can fluctuate between different sizes and builds so please regard our published weights as a useful guide.)
Revolution Country Overview
Our Revolution Country Traveller touring bike is like a road bike, specially adapted with the extra clearance and braze-on eyelets required to take its cantilever brakes, mudguards, pannier rack and 700x32 tyres. Its touring geometry makes a Revolution Country feel comfortable and stable - even when fully laden. Ride a Revolution Country sans panniers, you’ll discover that it doubles as a nippy commuter bike. Our current 3-bike range continues a proud tradition, of offering exceptional value Country touring bikes, going back to 1985.
|Frame||7005 Aluminium Alloy|
|Headset||1.1/8” Ahead, Semi-Integrated|
|Rear Mech||Shimano, RD-M360|
|Front Mech||Shimano, FD-2303, 31.8mm|
|Chainset||Suntour, XCR, 48/36/26t, 170mm, Black|
|Bottom Bracket||Cartridge Square Taper|
|Cassette / Freewheel||Shimano, HG-31, 11-32t, 8 Speed|
|Front Hub||Shimano, HB-RM40, 32h, QR, Black|
|Rear Hub||Shimano, FB-RM40, 32h, QR, Black|
|Spokes / Nipples||Steel / 14G Brass|
|Rims||Touring, Doublewall Alloy, Black|
|Tyres||CST, Traveller City Classic 700x32c, w/Kevlar|
|Brakes Calipers||Tektro CR720 Cantilever, Alloy, Silver|
|Brakes Levers||Shimano, ST-2303|
|Handlebar||420mm, Alloy, Compact, 31.8, Matte Black|
|Stem||Touring, Alloy, 90mm, 7° Rise, Black|
|Grips / Bartape||Velo Gel, Black|
|Saddle||Selle Royal, Viper|
|Seat Post||Revolution, 27.2mm, 350mm, Black|
|Pedals||Resin Flats w/Toeclips and Straps|
|Weight||14.88kg / 32.8lbs|
This weight is based upon a 55cm sized example of this bike. We weighed the complete bike as you would receive it, complete with pedals and EN / BS-approved reflectors and bell.
4.5 / 5
|Submit a review|
|I bought my 58cm country traveller primarily as an inexpensive long distance commuter. Overall, I'm very impressed with the bike, especially the quality of the frame, which is excellent. My only real criticism concerns the rear wheel, which I ended up dismantling and rebuilding because I was having to re-true it after every ride. I'm a big guy and I ride on some of the most pot holed roads in the known universe, but it was still disappointing. My experience could simply have arisen from a rogue wheel, although I believe a 32 spoke rear wheel for a touring bike is not ideal. Despite this I would still not hesitate to recommend this bike, especially given the very competitive price.|
|Country traveller 13 52cm this bike is very comfortable and easy ride on uneven roads gear changes are easy to use the only things I will change the saddle for a better quality one and will be be looking to upgrade the pedals.|