Pashley Princess Sovereign 8 Speed
- Pashley Princess Sovereign 8 Speed
- Pashley's classic ladies' bike
- Pashley with Shimano Nexus 8-speed hub gears
|Black||20"||£775.00||To be Ordered|
|Black||22"||£775.00||To be Ordered|
|Green||17.5"||£775.00||To be Ordered|
|Green||20"||£775.00||To be Ordered|
|Green||22"||£775.00||To be Ordered|
Pashley Princess Sovereign 8 Speed
You love the comfortable ride, the traditional style and the ultra-practical spec of the Pashley Princess, but find the 3 or 5-speed models a tad under-geared? You'll love this new (December 2015) version updated with wider range Shimano Nexus 8-speed hub gearing to help you up steeper hills
Otherwise, this Princess Sovereign 8 Speed retains the timeless style of a lugged steel frame, lavishly equipped with genuinely useful equipment rarely seen on today's bikes, such as a hub-driven headlight, a skirt guard, a bell that can be heard over the traffic and a fully enclosing chain case.
'The Princess is the epitome of the classic English cycling tradition. Its timeless looks and upright riding position hearkens back to a simpler time of relaxed trips into town, tranquil jaunts into the countryside and an altogether more peaceful style of cycling.
A sense of refinement and elegance runs through every aspect of the Princess. It is fitted with a combination of beautifully enamelled, hand-lined mudguards and rear skirt guards to keep you dry whilst preventing any mishaps as you glide through your surroundings. Also included is a full chaincase, which protects you from any unsightly grease marks and reduces any maintenance your bicycle may need. The Princess therefore represents the perfect marriage of beauty and practicality, making owning and riding this cycle the utmost pleasure.
The Princess Sovereign features 8 wide-ratio hub gears, a handy frame-fitted lock, a versatile rear luggage rack and a front dynamo headlamp that never needs batteries.
The styling of the Princess has been used at Pashley since our very earliest days in the 1920s, and as a result it is plain to see that the design has stood the test of time. The combination of this classic reliability with hand-built quality and the very best modern components makes the Princess an unrivalled cycling experience that will charm you with years of comfort, dependability and joy.'
- Classic step-over frame design with elegant upright riding position: an easy to mount/dismount frame with comfortable upright riding position that allows you a good view of other road users and the scenery, and the added bonus of encouraging a healthy posture. The frame is hand-built using 100 year old traditional methods - with tubing hand-brazed into lugs - for the attention to detail that only a frame crafted by hand can possess.
- Large 'ding-dong' bell: lovely and loud, announce your arrival with Pashley’s splendid ‘ding-dong’ bell.
- 8 speed hub gears: With an easy-shift gear lever, they allow you to tackle hills and glide along gracefully on flatter terrain with ease.
- Fully enclosed gear system that requires minimal maintenance.
- Classic wicker basket: this iconic basket sits elegantly on the front of your bicycle and is just the right size for your daily food shop, picnics or even a small dog!<
- Classic front lamp and rear LED light: a fully-fitted lighting set offers added safety with a dynamo powered classic headlamp - no batteries needed - and a high-visibility rear LED light.
- Low maintenance hub brakes and gears: enclosed and sealed from all weathers, hub brakes and gears are long-lasting and robust and provide excellent stopping power come rain or shine.
- Traditional style mudguards: with beautiful hand-applied gold-line detail, they protect you from unsightly mud splashes, providing all-weather practicality.
- Reflectors for added visibility: front, rear, pedal and tyre reflectors all help to keep you safer on the road at night.
- Versatile rear carrier: a strong and durable alloy rack with an 'easy-fix' system that allows for quick-release/attachment of Pletscher branded luggage or child seats.
- Protective skirt guard: helps to prevent flowing attire from entangling in the rear wheel.
- Traditional Brooks B66s sprung leather saddle: One of Brook's most loved saddles, it's classically sprung with double support rails for supreme comfort. The ideal all-rounder for daily city or touring use in an upright riding posture. The leather allows the saddle to breathe and form to your shape over time becoming uniquely comfortable. With handy rear luggage loops.
- Convenient frame-fitted lock: secure the bicycle, through the rear wheel, with the simple push of a lever and key-turn, giving security and peace of mind without the need to carry a separate bike lock.
- Classic frame-fitted pump: a traditional design in highly polished chrome, it fits securely to the cycle frame via integrated pump-pegs; easily at-hand when your tyres need an extra top-up of air.
- Easy-to-park propstand: a sturdy ‘kick-down’ propstand allows you to stand your bicycle upright with ease.
- Fully-enclosed protective chaincase: protects you from greasy oil marks and helps to reduce wear on the chain from grit and water.
- Robust Schwalbe Marathon tyres with extra puncture protection and reflective side-walls: Hard-wearing tyres with secure tread design and an inner SmartGuard layer made from a flexible, special rubber that offers extra resistance to shards of glass and pins. A reflective band around the circumference of the tyre walls provide extra visibility after darkness.'
|Pashley Princess Sovereign 8 Speed|
|Frame:||Traditionally lugged steel|
|Forks:||Hand brazed steel with tubular crown|
|Gear Shifter:||Shimano Tap Fire|
|Chainset:||Traditional chromed steel cranks.|
|Freewheel:||Shimano Nexus 8 speed hub gears|
|Stem:||Alloy and stainless steel.|
|Handlebars:||Chrome plated raised bar|
|Brakes:||Sturmey Archer hub brakes|
|Rims:||26" polished alloy|
|Rear Hub:||Shimano Nexus 8 speed hub gear|
|Tyres:||Schwalbe puncture resistant Marathon Plus with reflective sidewall.|
|Saddle:||Antique brown Brooks B66S leather sprung saddle|
|Extras:||Fully-enclosed chaincase, large ding-dong bell, wicker basket, protective skirtguard, hub-dynamo headlamp, LED rear light, Pletscher alloy rear carrier, propstand, frame-fitting lock and pump.|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|