OTE Duo Energy Bar
- OTE Duo Energy Bar
- Pre-cut into two equal pieces
- 2 x 20g of carbohydrate
|Vanilla Crispy Rice||£1.85||In Stock (2 To 3 Days)|
OTE Duo Energy Bar
Based on race food used by professional cycling teams, the DUO Bar is so called because it is pre-cut into two equal pieces with each piece delivering 20g of carbohydrate (one OTE serving). OTE estimate that 2x20g carbohydrate can deliver the energy required to fuel 45-60 minutes of exercise.
- An OTE DUO Bar is ideal to use before, during or after exercise, or as an alternative healthy snack when you are on the go.
- High in carbohydrate and low in fat, if you are pushed for time prior to exercise and struggling to take the necessary carbohydrate on board to fuel your workout, taking a DUO Bar 1-2 hours before exercise will give you that carbohydrate boost you need.
- The DUO Bar provides an alternative source of carbohydrate to energy drinks and gels if you prefer to take solid food when exercising.
- The wrapper is particularly easy to open on the move.
- OTE means On The Edge
- OTE is the official nutrition partner of the Cannondale Pro Cycling Team and Team Lotto Jumbo.
- OTE energy foods are 100% researched, designed, developed, manufactured and tested in Great Britain.
One 65g OTE Duo Energy Bar contains
- 1,008 kJ / 239 kcal energy
- 4.2g fats (1.3g saturates)
- 43g carbohydrate of which 18.2g are sugars
- 9.9g polyols (zero carbohydrate sweetener)
- 9.1g protein
- 4.8g fibre
- 0.28mg salt
The OTE Energy System
OTE themselves suggest 'refuelling during training sessions of up to 60 minutes isn't necessary if your diet and pre-exercise meals contain sufficient carbohydrate; just ensure you remain hydrated prior to exercise.'
It's when you're out longer that you might have to replenish your energy stores on the move and that's where OTE's easily portable nutrition comes into its own.
OTE drinks, gels and bars are designed to be used ‘modularly’ to help you achieve an optimal fuelling and hydration balance. To this end, OTE bars and gels contain multiples of 20g servings of carbohydrates,
For a steady workout, OTE recommend consuming 40g carbohydrate an hour. That's two small bananas worth.
OTE can supply 40g carbohydrate in a more compact, portable format via a 43g sachet of their energy drink in 500ml water, or two OTE Energy Gels or two OTE Sports Bars.
For a brisk workout, OTE recommend consuming 60g carbohydrate an hour which OTE can supply via one energy drink + a gel, or one energy drink + half an energy bar.
For a hard workout, OTE recommend consuming 70g carbohydrate an hour.
OTE is a UK company staffed by sports nutrition specialists such as Ironman triathlete Pete Slater who made his name as a founder of SIS (Science in Sport) in the 1990s and is credited as the man who formulated energy drinks for Chris Boardman in his heyday. You can be confident that OTE know what they are doing.
OTEOTE is a UK company staffed by sports nutrition specialists such as Ironman triathlete Pete Slater who made his name as a founder of SIS (Science in Sport) in the 1990s and is credited as the man who formulated energy drinks for Chris Boardman in his heyday. You can be confident that OTE know what they are doing.
See all Nutrition from OTE
See all products from OTE
See all Nutrition
|Vanilla Crispy Rice||5060339190525|
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|