Ortlieb Sport Roller Plus QL2.1 Panniers
- Ortlieb Front Roller Plus Panniers QL2.1
- Waterproof Cordura front bicycle panniers
- An alternative to Ortlieb's shiny Classic bags
Ortlieb Front Roller Plus Panniers QL2.1
Now upgraded with QL2.1 rack fittings, Ortlieb Front Roller Plus Panniers are as waterproof as the Classic originals, and they are constructed in a lighter weight Cordura material.
These are the panniers to go for if you appreciate Ortlieb's German manufactured quality but prefer a more fabric-like material over the Classic's shiny finish.
Truly a classic product, Ortlieb Front-Rollers have been frequently quoted as the best front panniers you can fit to a bicycle, plus they can double as a smaller pair of rear panniers.
Robust QL (Quick Lock) rack hooks are a stand-out Ortlieb pannier feature. They offer total security – these panniers will never jump off the rack - yet their easy-on easy-off action is so intuitive and effort free, one of our customers was moved to described it as “so simple, it’s like witchcraft”.
The benefit of the QL2.1 version is that it can be set up (no tools required) to adapt to an even wider variety of rear rack configurations and dimensions than the original QL1 system. Coming with inserts, the pannier hooks can fit racks with 8, 10, 12 or 16mm top rails, as described in Ortlieb's own video.
This video perfectly illustrates how Ortieb's QL hooks tenaciously secure each bag to the rear rack, yet offer instant release - simply by lifting the bag upwards by its handle.
More good things about Ortlieb Front-Roller Plus Panniers
- 100% waterproof Cordura fabric.
- High frequency welded construction - no stitch holes further ensure Ortlieb bags are 100% waterproof.
- Roll-top closure (hence the name Roller Pannier) - by rolling up the top of the bag three times and securing it with a buckle, water won't get into this bag - even if you drop the pannier in a lake.
- Each pannier's simple one-compartment construction contributes to its waterproofness.
- Also, compartmentalising a bag effectively reduces its usable space: single compartment bags like these Front-Rollers can hold more.
- Shop tip: if you want to organise your luggage, use dry sacks.
- Shoulder straps make these bags more portable off the bike.
- Large 3M retro-reflective triangle patches on the front and rear of each pannier help ensure you are seen.
- Supplied as a pair.
- Each pannier is 30cm high x 25cm wide x 14cm deep ( 11.8 x 9.8 x 5.5 inches) = approx 12.5 litre capacity.
- Weight: 1,440g per pair - based upon weighing Ortlieb Front-Roller Plus Panniers at Bike Co-op HQ in April 2015.
- For the full Ortlieb story, visit our blog.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|