Ortlieb Bikepacking Seat Pack
- Ortlieb Bikepacking Seat Pack
- Larger bicycle saddle bag
- Straps to saddle rails
|Slate||8-16.5l||£110.00||In Stock (2 To 3 Days)|
Ortlieb Bikepacking Seat Pack
With up to 16.5 litre capacity, the Ortlieb Bikepacking Seat Pack stands out for being a particularly large seat bag, yet it starts off narrow where it's strapped to the saddle rails to help prevent it rubbing against your thighs when you pedal.
The introduction of this new Bikepacking range from Ortlieb, the company, most synonymous with waterproof bicycle bags, offers further proof of the growing interest in bike packing in general and bags that require no racks in particular.
- Ortlieb's signature honeycomb-textured, 3D-welded, waterproof PU-coated ripstop nylon construction and its roll-top closure creates a particularly neat, rounded pack, and ensures your cargo stays dry.
- The external shock cord makes it easy to lash down, say, a wet jacket you wouldn't want to mix with your dry goods inside the pack.
- The extra wide Velcro straps that wrap round the seatpost complement the bag's saddle rail straps.
- These seatpost and seat rail straps are anchored with metal bolts to the bag's integral aluminium and nylon skeleton to ensure the pack's watertight integrity and its durable longevity.
- All this reinforcement stiffens up the side walls so the pack keeps its shape and keeps your load stable.
- To further give it shape, there's a valve on the left hand side of the pack that lets in air.
- When you want to use the pack's full capacity to store your stuff, it's easy to to release the air by popping out the lilo-like valve.
- Large reflective triangles help keep you safe.
- Approx 30cm high x 64cm front-to-back x 22cm deep (approx 12 x 25 x 8.5 inches) = approx 16.5 litres.
- Manufacturer's published weight: 430g.
- German engineered the Ortlieb way - see our blog.
'Ortlieb Bikepacking Seat Pack
For an expedition, overnighter, or just a micro-adventure, the Seat-Pack reigns supreme. Spacious and waterproof, the Seat-Pack fastens securely to the seatpost and saddle rails of almost any bike. Designed to keep gear dry in any conditions, it features an adjustable volume between 8 litres and 16.5 litres thanks to the roll closure and a valve to let out excess air when compressing contents, minimising pack size.
A shock cord can be used to strap down additional gear on the outside of the pack. Robust fabrics, custom stiffeners and an optimised strap design ensure the Seat-Pack performs in harsh off road conditions. The Seat-Pack also acts as a mudguard by blocking spray from your rear wheel.
Stability is a key requirement of a saddle bag which is why the Seat-Pack uses highly reinforced fabrics and fittings to ensure secure, movement free fitting to the bike as well as long term durability.'
Bikepacking starts where classic cycle touring ends. From all-out backcountry off-road expeditions on a mountain bike to light and fast 'credit card touring' on a road bike, Ortlieb's new range allows you to carry kit on a bike without the limitations of traditional racks and panniers.
Bikepacking is an outdoor adventure that starts where bike touring stops: at the end of paved roads.
If you want to feel simultaneously free and at home in nature, the combination of biking and sleeping outdoors is just the thing for you.
What you need: a gravel grinder, a mountain bike or fat bike, a thirst for adventure, and light baggage. The bikepacking equipment from ORTLIEB lets you set off immediately – for a long day‘s excursion, an overnight trip, or a multi-day tour.
With the different packs, you can quickly store everything you need over the whole bicycle so that it is compact and absolutely watertight.
Longer distances? Varied terrain? No problem at all! Thanks to the low overall weight, you will be sportily on the move and can fully satisfy your thirst for adventure.'
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|