Nikwax TX Direct Wash-in
- Nikwax TX Direct Wash-in
- Restores a garment's DWR (Durable Water Repellency) properties
- Recommended by Gore-Tex
Nikwax TX Direct Wash-In
Machine washing a waterproof garment with Nikwax TX Direct Wash-In replenishes its DWR (Durable Water Repellency) properties.
- Nikwax TX Direct Wash-In has been specifically designed and optimised for breathable waterproof garments.
- It leaves a flexible water repellent treatment on individual fibres, which allows moisture vapour to pass through and maintains breathability.
- The washing machine application ensures that the whole garment is treated including seams, tapes and cords, as well as the fabric.
- Can also be used for hand washing if a machine isn't available.
- No need to tumble dry (as is the case with some proofers) thus saving on energy.
- Specifically recommended for Gore-Tex and eVent garments - suitable for all the variants.
- Supplied as a 300mm bottle - sufficient to restore the DWR properties of three garments.
- For best results, wash the garment with Nikwax Tech Washbefore treating it with Nikwax TX Direct Wash-in.
Why you should treat waterproof garments with Nikwax TX Direct Wash-in
The outer layer of most waterproof garments, such as Gore's, are treated with a DWR (Durable Water Repellency) waterproof finish, so rain just beads off it. This DWR treatment is never permanent. It has to be reapplied on average around twice a year, otherwise the jacket will soak up the rain and ‘wet out’. In other words it will get saturated, and while the jacket's laminate will still keep the rain out, the saturated outer fabric will feel cold and clammy, giving the impression that it is no longer weatherproof.
Nikwax was founded by a Londoner called Nick Brown whose first product was a waterproofing wax for hiking boots. Hence the name Nikwax. This was in 1977 - the year the Bike Co-op started. Still based in Britain, the Nikwax range has evolved over the years. The company is now recognised as the global leader in producing safe, high-performance waterproofing, cleaning and conditioning solutions for outdoor gear.
A poorly washed or unwashed technical garment will perform as badly as an unlubricated, rusty bicycle chain. Use Nikwax and your base layers, merino tops and breathable shells will perform like new.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|