Nikwax Tech Wash
- Nikwax Tech Wash
- Breathable waterproof garment cleaner
- Recommended by Gore-Tex
Nikwax Tech Wash
Companies such as Gore-Tex recommend machine washing their breathable waterproof garments with Nikwax Tech Wash, rather than proprietary detergents.
- Recognised as the market leader, Nikwax Tech Wash is a highly effective cleaner specifically designed and optimised for breathable waterproof fabrics.
- If your jacket soaks up water, machine washing it with Nikwax Tech Wash will revitalise its Durable Water Repellency (DWR) treatment and revive its breathability.
- Machine washing with Nikwax Tech Wash is quick and easy, and ensures that the whole garment is thoroughly cleaned.
- Specifically recommended for Gore-Tex and eVent garments - suitable for all variants.
- This 300mm bottle is suitable for up to three washes (maximum 2 garments per wash).
Why you should wash your breathable waterproofs with Nikwax Tech Wash
The outer layer of most waterproof garments, such as Gore's, is treated with a DWR (Durable Water Repellency) waterproof finish, so rain just beads off it. Washing the jacket in household detergents can compromise DWR water repellency. So can dirt. When that happens, the garment will soak up the rain and ‘wet out’. In other words it will get saturated, and while the jacket's membrane mid-layer will still keep the rain out, the saturated outer fabric will feel cold and clammy, giving the impression that it is no longer weatherproof.
Nikwax Tech Wash removes dirt and detergent and allows the garment's DWR treatment to do its job again. Having said that, manufacturers such as Gore-Tex still recommend you restore the garment's DWR treatment every 6 months or so with Nikwax TX Direct Wash-in.
Nikwax was founded by a Londoner called Nick Brown whose first product was a waterproofing wax for hiking boots. Hence the name Nikwax. This was in 1977 - the year the Bike Co-op started. Still based in Britain, the Nikwax range has evolved over the years. The company is now recognised as the global leader in producing safe, high-performance waterproofing, cleaning and conditioning solutions for outdoor gear.
A poorly washed or unwashed technical garment will perform as badly as an unlubricated, rusty bicycle chain. Use Nikwax and your base layers, merino tops and breathable shells will perform like new.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
|No reviews yet||Submit a review|
|No Q & A's yet||Ask a question|